Should I get a 3 dip pan or a 26/7 transmission?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Should I get a 3 dip pan or a 26/7 transmission?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 11:01 am:

My 25 touring came with a 26 engine and a 4 dip pan and a 25 transmission. I understand the 4 dip pans are not as strong in the area where the transmission and engine mate up if you are using a 25 or earlier hogs head due to not being able to bolt the 25 hogs head to the block. I have a 26 hogs head which would mean swapping the transmission (or could I just replace the brake drum) but I don't have a 3 dip pan so either way looks like more money!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Why not just use what you have? It should be just fine. Four dip pans came in 1923 or 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Use the reinforcement brackets for some extra insurance. :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/884623.html?1532831205

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

The 26-27 trans with the larger brake drum, 26-27 hogs head with mounting ears and upper support brackets, 4 dip oilpan, and wider clutch and brake pedals are superior to the older style. Upgrade.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration