OT FYI! Model A Woodie $17,500

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT FYI! Model A Woodie $17,500
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:30 pm:

Eye Candy! "Beautiful" 1928 Model A Station wagon.

"Going to the Lake Woody". Runs nice, new rubber, Clean title. Includes the side curtains, running board and roof carrier and a 1919 Old Town Canvas Canoe(documented). I'll throw in the cooler and outboard as well. You won't see another one like this!

No contact info.low price. May be scam but interesting photo's 1920s car,canoe,outboard and cooler.
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/6668588309.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:37 am:

"You won't see another one like this!"

True. Because, this is not an authentic Model A wagon. Homemade body, wrong seats, etc. So, it is what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Hi Ward. Do you recognize this beauty? This photo was taken last night at a car show in New Caney, Texas.

Mr. Sherwood restored this 1929 Ford station Wagon and won the MAFCA Award of Excellence and the MARC Henry Ford and Award of Excellence. The awards are analogous to the MTFCI's Stynoski. Ward's work is simply beautiful.

Respectfully submitted,
Michael Hanson
Kingwood, Texas

P.S. The REA signs are just hanging on the door. I would not dare mar your beautiful woodwork. She is still super clean. I am trying to be a good caretaker!

(Message edited by drpepper1885 on August 18, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

Michael.Very nice car. My point for My original post it too was a pretty car with period outboard and canoe. I am not well versed enough to pick cars apart. I will leave that to others.
The phrase. "You wont see another one like this"
is true of most any 100 year old car none of them were restored exactly the same way, paint, materials,prep,replacement parts.Even original cars of the same year and model are not the same because of how they spent the last 100 years. So if You want to see a original Model T. A picture of one rolling out the doors at the Ford Piquette Avenue plant is about as good as it gets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Hi Jim. No criticism from me. I just saw Ward's post and wanted to let him know that I was taking good care of the 1929 he restored. When Ward speaks of Model A station wagon's, he knows what he is talking about it terms of originality. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

It has been sold to "A Museum"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:38 pm:

Darel. Thanks for the up date. A museum is a fitting place for it to reside.and even thought it is not original as Ward pointed out.It will still make a nice camping exhibit of the Woody and outdoor equipment. and perhaps spark new interest in preserving old cars and period camping equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:22 pm:

While the statement that there are no 1928 Station Wagons because they would have been 1929's is true, there were 5 built in December of 1928 of which 3 are said to survive. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

One of those original 5 Model A wagons built in Dec. 1928 is for sale on the MAFCA website. I sold it about 8 years ago to the current owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

Michael, I love that 29 woody wagon. Still looks beautiful, and that makes me happy.

Hopefully, I have not been misunderstood. I have no problem the vehicle advertised; my critique was specific to the description of it as being a Model A station wagon. If someone unfamiliar with these cars is looking to buy a real station wagon, this would not be the correct choice. As a cool home-built woody type vehicle, nothing wrong with that.

I believe I read that all five of the 1928 built station wagons have been found, but I cannot remember where I stashed that information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 12:34 am:

I got the count from the book "The Legendary Model A Ford", 2nd Edition

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

In my opinion, both these cars are beautiful in their own way. I am going out on a limb here, but iím guessing there is not a toothpick worth of original wood in the one pictured, so how original is it? Glass houses/ stones, you get the idea. Original wood is good !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

Here in Minnesota there a erynice original 1929 SW. it was found in about 1958 and is very original, including the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hamlin on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

My family in my Dad's 'as found' 29 Woodie around 1959.29 woodie

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration