1925 Model T Tudor for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1925 Model T Tudor for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Couple of days ago I listed this car on eBay and have just begun to receive some early bids. However, I think MTFCA is really the proper place for the ad. I posted pictures earlier when Marvin first came to live with us about 1 1/2 years ago. The car was purchased new in the spring of '25, driven until about 1946, then stored in a barn for 71 years. It was pulled out of storage in the fall of 2016 and came to Texas. The car still has all the original interior, headliner, engine, transmission, differential and wheels. The car was running when we received it, however I wanted to make it safe and reliable to drive so I pulled the engine, transmission and differential and took to Ross Lilleker and asked him to make it reliable but don't scrape off any of the Georgia dirt. I have a complete list of all the work Ross did including new rings, valves, springs, front wheel bearings, new thrust washers, new transmission bands and bearings, new rear axles and many more improvements. This morning I drove the car to town for my regular Saturday morning breakfast with some "old car buddies" and it was a nice trip. The eBay ad has a reserve of $9,850.00 which is exactly what I have in it. If you have any questions please let me know by PM. If you want to call: my cell is 936-five two five-7788

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

Nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

I have seen this car in person and can attest that it is a true time capsule. Well worth John's asking price in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Thanks Mike for the endorsement. By the way, I did lower the reserve to $8,850.00 on the car. I have also added additional information on the eBay ad and I hope that gives a good picture of the car and it's condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

John, what part of Texas? Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Conroe,Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

I Too have seen this car,it is about as period and unmolested as it gets.
John has paid special attention to making sure any replacement parts have been aged to look just like they did when the car was pulled from the barn in Georgia. His passion is model Ts He gets them to the point they don't need anything but driving and moves on to another one. To make it all it can be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

I ( indirectly ) found this car for John last year & hauled it to him from Dalton, Georgia.

I have hauled to John & from John over the years.

He is as Honest as man as they come.

If this was a Touring - I would buy it.

If you want the real deal - an authentic T that shows it's age - this is it ....

Good Luck John !

FJ

As found last year - being loaded in my trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 01:01 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

This car is also listed for sale on E-Bay with additional pictures including the car in the Georgia Barn before John Mays bought it and FJ hauled it to Texas last year.
www.ebay.ca/itm/1925-Ford-Model-T-/123315586644

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

I have really enjoyed the photos. I built my '25 Tudor from pieces to like new condition. I wish I had found one like this to start with. Either restored or kept in it's present glory would make for an excellent, fun car.
Best of luck.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

E-Bay auction for 25 Tudor ended 1205 PST.High Bid $4650.
Reserve not met.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Well, you never know. The good thing is that I like the car a lot and it can stay in our garage for a while. Always a fun car to take out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

BUMP. THE REAL DEAL. Put on Your overalls, Grab Your tackle box, Stick some cane poles out the back. Pick up Your fishing buddy and a case of Beer, and away You go! "Back to the future" No flux capacitor needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Thanks Jim but the car is off the market for now. I have some transmission work to do on the car and I plan to take it to Ross and have him check it out. Not sure if it will be back on the market, will just see what Ross says and go from there. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

I do believe it does not want to leave.

This car suits you John.

Like you - itís the real deal ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

Jim Your right about that. John and that car go together like Toast and Jam. and Your the Godfather
of that car and any potential buyer will need Your blessing. John is a True Gentleman from the old school. Best Wishes John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Car is back on the market. E-Bay No Reserve.With a picture of the original owners. This is the real deal everybody talks about but very hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

BTT. Current E-Bay High Bid $4050. End date Monday 11-19-18

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

Can someone post a link to the current Ebay add please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

I believe this is it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Model-T-standard/123486371844?hash=item1cc05c 8004:g:tWgAAOSwjrFb6gE1&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Thanks Wayne.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

Found it
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

I live 15 miles north of Dalton, Ga. Wish I would have found it... If I wasn't trying to retire in the next 5-6 years it would live here in Ringgold,Ga. What a great car and story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 08:28 am:

Add me to the list of folks who've seen the car in person. It's delightful. John seems to be a magnet for these types of cars.

I hope it finds a good home John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Monday, November 19, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

TTT. Last Chance! E-Bay auction. NO RESERVE! Closes Today. 11-19-18.at 6:56 PM. The Real deal rebuilt drive train. original body.running and driving.If You want a original barn find ready to drive! This is it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Model-T-standard/123486371844?hash=item1cc05c 8004:g:tWgAAOSwjrFb6gE1&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Monday, November 19, 2018 - 07:59 pm:

Just sold for $7100. 39 bids.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration