WTB 1913 Touring Reinforcement Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1913 Touring Reinforcement Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

My '13 never had the brackets installed, and suffers from 'rear door sag'. I am looking for the brackets that Ford supplied to dealers to fix the problem.
Thanks
Mike Sommers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 05:56 pm:

Be careful when you find some as it seems there were at least three widths of sills. I was buying every one I could find and in the end I made a tracing of a pair of originals and had them cut out of steel and made my own as all the ones I found were so out of shape they required about the same amount of work as making a pair from scratch. If you need some good pictures I can email them to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Mark,
Thanks for the guidance. My sills are 1 7/8" thick (wide), and it is 2 3/4" from the inside edge of the sill to the door frame where the bolts / screws attach.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

Originally they were installed with a bolt similar to a carriage bolt. The round portion went from the top down one the sill and then the four on door posts were round side on the outside of the tin. My body never had them and I installed them with lag bolts from the inside. I couldn’t bring myself to drill though by new restored sheetmatal panels. I know it is incorrect that way.....Good luck with your search they made a big difference in strength around the doors when installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:16 am:

Come on Guys...
Isn't there anyone out there with an extra set of brackets?
Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration