WTB Original Rajo 4 Valve Valve Cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Original Rajo 4 Valve Valve Cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Rini on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 10:58 pm:

I'm looking for an original one piece valve cover for a 4 valve Rajo. It looks sort of like a loaf pan with the back corner cut out. See illustration.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

Chris, Is your head an original head. The original covers will not work with most (if not all) of the repro heads. While they are the correct shape, length and width, they are not tall enough. The rocker towers are to high on the repro heads and the rockers will hit the inside of the cover. The original covers I have seen have all had wear marks from the rockers hitting the inside of the cover even on original heads. Just posting this for info. You may want to make sure of the measurements of any cover you find and make sure it will work with your head and rocker combination. I wish you luck in your search. It took me a couple years to find my original cover ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Chris, sent you a pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Rini on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

@Donnie: Yep, it's an original head. Thanks for the advice. If I get a new one cast I'll make it slightly taller.

@Joe: Thanks dude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Anderson on Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

Hi Chris: My original 4 Valve Rajo has two valve covers. Clearance is still a problem, but with a dremel and deburing bit I can make it work. I still had to move the body back 3/8" to clear the coil box, even with short insulators. Pictures are of my DePaul valve cover I fabricated from 5 pieces. Formed the ends in a hyd. press and a friend welded the parts together. As a final touch it dose not hurt to trade labor with someone who has access to a CNC machine. Good luck with your project. Gary in MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Anderson on Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

Picture of the inside. Gary in MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Did the original valve cover have an open end to clear the firewall? I have a head and have not mocked it up yet, but it appears the reproduction valve covers would require cutting the firewall. just a question I have considered when I just eyeball it on my TT. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Anderson on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Hi Tim: If you are asking me that question, look at the top of the page and it appears the back of the one piece cover is open. I will tell you on my 4 valve Rajo with two piece valve covers, I removed my wood firewall and replaced it with a metal one. Used an original style coil box so I also removed the lower insulators and replaced them with 90 degree spark plug boots. It's a tight fit. Gary in MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Gary, thanks, yes I was asking sort of. I did see and have seen the add before. I assumed the open end was needed to be a bolt on fit. thanks for the response. I realise this is the classified and not intended to be a thread. good to know what you did. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

Tim- original covers are indeed open on the end closest to the fire wall. they are also notched to clear the coil box porcelain insulators. You can see the notches in the original ad that Chris posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

One of my T's came with a 4 valve open back rocker cover, ran well but I took it off, couldn't handle the smell of hot oil fumes wafting into the cab.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration