FS Early Shackle Set (New)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Early Shackle Set (New)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 09:57 pm:

One new set of early spring shackles (09-12). I was saving these for a future project; however, I have decided to let them go. These currently retail for $235.00. Get this complete set for $200 plus $7.50 domestic flat rate shipping. Payment by PayPal (preferred) or personal check. Combine with other items and save on shipping. PM me or call Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:16 am:

interested in the shackles but according to the picture they look to be mismatched. Shouldn't they have matched end sizes small to small large to large, I'm seeing large to small and no way to flip them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:32 am:

Well I be. You are correct. I guess they are now off the market until I get it right. Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 05:15 am:

Well,I am not an expert here, but I think those are correct for somewhere around 1909 through basically '12. The larger and smaller areas where they connect are the earlier feature (not really sure why they were made that way). About 1913 into 1915 they were similar, except the hole and shackle pin ends were the same size (those I have a couple original sets of). Then in early to mid calendar year 1915 Ford eliminated the oilers in the ends and went to the manhole lid type oilers used until the flip lids came about 1917. Those went until the last model Ts were built.

However, I could be wrong. But the ones I have looked at at swap meets looked that way to me. Seems the term "Mae West" has been used a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 08:36 am:

Mark, can you send photos of the ends to better see the difference in size from one side to the other?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 08:44 am:

Well this post made me get off my lazy butt and go
out in the barn to look at both my '12s. One of 'em I just replaced the rear shackles a few weeks ago. And indeed they are just as Steve mentioned.

These in the pic are probably "rare"..hence ought to be worth hundreds more!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:21 am:

Mark, sent you an e-mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Mark, I will take them as they are for that price if you will put them back on market. 541-301-9515
Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:45 am:

These have been sold to Dale. Thank you for all the input. Thanks Dale!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration