WTB spare mounting kit 23 Tourer, sidescreens, tow-bat, camping trailer.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB spare mounting kit 23 Tourer, sidescreens, tow-bat, camping trailer.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 07:52 am:

I am interested in buying a demountable wheel carrier left door/running board or for the rear. My wheels have lugs attached. Also interested in sidescreens for a 23 tourer. Possibly interested in a tow bar too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 08:11 am:

Len:
you will want to read the information already posted on the MTFCA forum regarding a tow bar and towing a model T any distance I have towed short distances before at slow speeds towing is not recommended for any distance ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Monday, August 27, 2018 - 11:50 am:

Len,

I have the tow bars restored and ready to go, but as Mr French stated there are other things you must have. Number one is an aux. transmission, number two some sort of accessory brakes. Let me know, but I will not sell a tow bar with out knowing if you have the transmission. You will seize up transmission bearings in a heartbeat.

All the Best,

Hank in Tin A See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 01:11 am:

Guys, to an Englishman, a towbar is the thing at the back to witch a trailer is attached. Only you fellows call it a tow hitch.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 03:53 am:

Yep, we're separated by a common language. :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:49 am:

If you read the title he is looking for a camping trailer, so I am pretty sure he is looking for a trailer hitch.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/435301.html?1397427664

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/29907.html?1182381023

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/167267.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

Gentlemen:
my mistake I struggle with English at best regional or world dialects can be very confusing I would simply fabricate a hitch using basic roll form steel materials that being flat and angle stock can be made to appear period correct if bolted or riveted I would avoid tig or stick or mig welds also as Henry stated , if a trailer is to be towed , then some form of additional braking is in order ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

Thank you guys - good job I wasn't looking for a bonnet and boot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 08:18 pm:

That would be no problem! (bonnet and boot) LOL :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration