FJ - Empty at The National Packard Museum In Warren, Ohio .....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FJ - Empty at The National Packard Museum In Warren, Ohio .....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:48 am:

I just dropped off the second Packard in less than a week to The National Packard Museum.

I am going to visit awhile - then head out .... :-)

FreighTer Jim
260-804-6695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 11:01 am:

What a car! Last of the Packards---290 HP and rock solid. Very complex with its Ultramatic transmission and self leveling torsion bar suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Looks like You are running a little behind schedule.Thought You were dropping off in Burnett TX the 27th.and on to Phoenix.
Enjoy the museum. I took their video tour looks like a great place, they even have a Harley service cycle.Our neighbor in Houston growing up was a Ship Captain who drove only Packards. His car was picked by a Filling Station attendant Who rode a Harley service cycle to his house. Hooked it up to the back of the Packards "Bumper" and drove it back to the station pulling the service cycle. after the car was serviced and washed He drove it back to the Captains house unhitched the Harley and rode it back to the station. When they stopped making Packards He bought Chrysler Imperials but they didn't have a bumper the Harley could hook up to.
Those were the days. Have a safe trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

The 1956 Packard Patrician is safe now at its new Home ....

What an honor to be recommended by The National Packard Museum to transport (2) one family owned Packards in less than a week !

Last Wednesday I dropped off a rare 1942 Packard Clipper that was also bought new & kept in the same family .... :-)

Shown here to the left of the 1956 Packard Patrician ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

That's the exact model and color combination my brother used to have--smooth, quiet and powerful. Current values and the massively complex nature of the car make them unfeasible to restore but then most cars really aren't worth the cost of restoration I suppose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

Hi Jim, could you call me about logistics Thanks 702 353 for for tree sicks :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Jim were those two beauties running So You could drive them both loading and unloading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 01:58 am:

Beautiful cars. My Brother had a 49 Packard Coupe. Straight eight ran smooth as glass till the oil pump let go. unfortunately car was scrapped before a donor engine could be installed. I am glad to see the Packard Museum saving them for future generations to enjoy and Thanks to Freighter Jim for making time in His busy schedule to transport them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration