WTB Bosch distributor drive gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Bosch distributor drive gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

I'm looking to buy a Bosch distributor drive gear (11 tooth) that goes on the end of the cam. Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

For a front plate or a clip on distributor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Dan, it's a "clip-on" I think. The dist. mounts on an extension or adapter that locates in the same place as the original timer. Mac's sells the correct gears in pairs only and I just need the 11 tooth drive gear, not the driven gear on the dist. shaft extension. I think it also requires a special locking nut as well that I don't have as yet Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:54 pm:

The lock nut is the standard lock nut used for the roller type timer. It also needs an 1/2" spacer between the gear and cam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 09:19 am:

You need to get the gears in matching sets. Over the years I have come across several different elevated timers and distributers and they all seem to have different gear designs - Bosch - 2 types at least, Attwater, KW + other aftermarket makers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 11:23 am:

The Bosch distributors uses one design for the front plate style and one for the clip on. The one he needs is the one with the key way cut in it for the clip on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

I don't make the Bosch clip on gear sets, so I'm no help. I have a good supply of Front plate cam gears if anyone needs only the one gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

FYI, the front plate gear are also 11 tooth.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration