Transitional?? NH? carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Transitional?? NH? carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Never seen one of these before. Swayback with stamped arms but with the early bowl vent. Complete, very nice shape, no dents, has good brass float.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Stupid. Forgot email and price. $75 plus postage.

rvmodeltATnetsyncDOTnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

looks like Simmons, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

Could well be. I know coils, not carbs, although my waistline says otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Still great running carb, uses same parts as n/h, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 10:35 am:

I don't think it's a Simmons, after looking at the Simmons pictures posted here. The bowl vent is mounted at an angle, just like the early NH, not horizontally like the Simmons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

Look down the choke end. Simmons used 2 flappers. I think it is an NH I am pretty sure I have one like it with a tag on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Thanks, Tom. It doesn't have the 2 flappers. I'm also pretty sure it's a "transitional" style NH. There is no place anywhere to mount a tag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

An earlier thread.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/834945.html?1518453383

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

R.V., the transition may not be all that smooth.

The earlier straight bore NH's had the threaded in breather. Later straight bore examples had the usual plate over the vent hole. That would make your swayback a step backwards in evolution, to a previous specification.

Just another anomaly.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

Was there a Wizard, (AKA Western Auto) carb that looked like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

This is clearly not a Simmons or Western Auto carb. They were all straight through designs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Allan, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration