1932 Ford Model B Exhaust ManIfold Wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1932 Ford Model B Exhaust ManIfold Wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Johnson on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

I am in need of a 1932 Ford Model B exhaust manifold to use on my Model T speedster project. Does anyone have one they can spare or have a lead? I am told a Model C would work as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

They are different

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

I have the exhaust manifold and adaptor plate fot the model t with the intake manifold, garburator, exhaust pipe and muffler. The complete set for the conversion for the model t. I installed everything on my t, everything worked fine but decided to go back to stock and not used it on my 12 model t. I even wrapped the exhaust pipe for heat. For more info and pictures, call Frank at 818-254-6797

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Johnson on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:01 pm:

Frank - I'll call you tomorrow but I am looking for the Model B exhaust manifold, as opposed to the Model A exhaust manifold. The model B has a shallow angle after #4 exhaust port , while the Model A is a 90 degree straight down angle. I have the Model A system but wanted the Model B exhaust manifold because of the angle rather similar to the Model T exhaust manifold. Is this what you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 12:27 am:

Allen, you need this: Model B exhaust manifold; adapter plate to line B manifold ports up to T block ports, Aluminum Hi Volume Intake manifold (looks like Model A or B intake but has bigger ports), and Stromberg OE-1 updraft carburetor rebuilt by Stan (the man) Howe. Ask Stan about an OE-1. This setup will make a flat head T engine go faster than STINK. I have to resize pictures to post them, so pictures will follow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 01:04 am:

First picture shows setup you want. Second picture shows that plus an A exhaust manifold and down pipe. Third picture shows A exhaust and down pipe, only. Both down pipes are 2" aluminized steel. Glass pack muffler (2"), gives sound similar to T but with no restriction, I'm told. Dents on B manifold down pipe are necessary to clear T hogshead. I don't know if all gaskets are reusable, but should be as unit was never fired up. Included are: gaskets (A on manifold side of adapter plate and T on block side of adapter plate), all manifold studs, washers, nuts, and manifold clamp to clamp down pipe to exhaust manifold. I don't want to sell just B manifold, but might consider selling set up without including A manifold and down pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 01:09 am:

I don't remember what I paid for all of this, but I know that I paid Stan, $500.00 to rebuild one OE-1 carburetor (He actually rebuilt TWO for me). That was his price, then. Last time that I checked his prices, OE-1's had gone up to $800.00. That's just for a carburetor, not the manifolds, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

I had 4 or 5 after market ones, but I think I sold them all. I still had one last year and do not remember if it sold. I am doing the Twin City swap and when I load up my boxes, I will check them. If I do find one, I will email you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

Allen, I've got one I'll sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Johnson on Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

Wow! Thanks guys. Now I have to take a deep breath!! I like to go fast but I'm building a speedster with my 10 year old grandson and his 13 5th grade classmates, both boys and girls. I like to go fast, but they don't understand the hazards of speed but want it to go 80 mph with flames shooting out the side of the engine! Just wait until they get to be teenagers.

We have rebuilt the front end, rear end, axles, brakes, torque tube and are working on the frame. Motor is on the menu soon. So bear with me as I sort out what to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth E Kennedy on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Don't need to flatten exhaust pipe if you put a slight angle on the flange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

Well Kenneth, your picture is proof, however I don't know if you used the adapter plate that vendors sell like I did, and you used the same gaskets that I did. I could not fit my pipe with it hitting either the frame rail or the hogs head. Either way, the downpipe was too close to the hogshead for me, considering the constant heat that the pipe will operate at. That factor and the fact that I decided to sell the car, were my final factors to remove the setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Harmon on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

I think I see an adapter plate there. I didn't have one, but still got it to fit on my 27. I wrapped the whole thing past the hogs head to keep the gas from boiling in the sediment bulb. It took a week to put it together. I ran it for ONE DAY and took it back off. It was TOO DAMN FAST!!

The next one will have the same set up, but with front brakes.😋

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Kenneth, I see you have a nice setup with the proper exhaust model A pipe clamp along with a Warford and most likely a 10 tooth pinion as well. Nice. If the pipe is bent properly it will clear the hogshead and the fuel line and won't hit while driving. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Harmon on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 09:34 pm:

I think I see an adapter plate there. I didn't have one, but still got it to fit on my 27. I wrapped the whole thing past the hogs head to keep the gas from boiling in the sediment bulb. It took a week to put it together. I ran it for ONE DAY and took it back off. It was TOO DAMN FAST!!

The next one will have the same set up, but with front brakes.😋

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

I have one with the intake and one without. Both need to be surfaced and have some pitting. No cracks that I can see. The one without, threads look good were the intake mounts, the other, intake still attached by one bolt the other is broke off. $90 for the one without intake and $140 one with intake plus shipping. PM me if interested and I will send photos of ether one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth E Kennedy on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Thanks Frank,

It doesn't have a lot of clearance, but I did wrap it after I got it fitted. It's a Muncie that you are seeing. It goes back to a high speed worm drive TT RRuckstell. Ran the fuel line outside of the frame to keep it as far away from the exhaust as possible.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration