1922 Two Door Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1922 Two Door Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 09:27 am:

Selling this for a friend who inherited it but isn't familiar with model T's. This is a 1922 Ford model T of the twodoor enclosed body style. Clear Va. title. Engine number 2108988. This is an older restoration but a quality one. Paint and interior are quite impressive. The only paint issues I could find was the beginning of some sun damage on the passenger front fender and a couple of small areas of paint loss on the driver's door frame. Engine starts well on hand crank or electric starter and runs very well on magneto. I was even able to hand crank and start it on magneto once. The underside of the car is cleaner than one would expect. Not much oil seepage or grime. The electrical system is 90% original style harness with the only non original part being the horn installed is not of the period. However, I have a period magneto horn available to sell for $40.00 . Tires show some minor sun cracking but have great tread, are roadable and hold air at 45lbs. Spare tire is not useable but has a good rim. Wheels are non demountable and I believe are period aftermarket due to the shape of the wood fellow. Battery is new. This has been in storage for a few years so we're just waking her up and there are a handful of routine maintenance items that need to be addressed such as brake band adjustment, wipe down the body, etc. I drove the car a couple miles and the rear end is quiet, engine seems to pull well. There are two parts engines available with this car. Overall this is a great T and with some TLC could be even greater. Videos of starting and running the engine can be seen at the following links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0ArGqFjBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKKqZcc8kE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l_Nq5jJ4nY

Asking $9000. Please call 434-528-5435 anytime on week ends, after 5p on week days to arrange to see the car or ask questions. I can e-mail pictures as required but only for serious inquiries. Car is located in Natural Bridge Va.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:59 am:

Mr. Leighton,

I assume the phone number listed is your number or the car owner's number? Isn't this the same car that was listed by Mr. Richard Davis on this forum from May of this year? Also, I have seen this car on and off on Craigslist for almost a year now. If I recall correctly, initially it was listed for $10,500. Is the current asking price of $9000 firm or is the seller open to offers, if you could provide that info? If you can reply here with those answers or either PM me, as I may want any photo you can provide. Thanks in advance! Walt Wise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

I went and saw this can the other day to see if she still had, it she does, Mr Leighton has give a much more detailed description than I. I'm pretty sure she's firm on the price, but ya never know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:36 am:

This is not the car you are describing. I'm selling this for a friend at work who doesn't know anything about model T's. I've had it on some Craig's list sites in Virginia starting in July of this year. This is a legitimate listing and don't appreciate the implications that it's not. If you doubt this, please call me and get the facts before suggesting this is disingenuous. I've been a dues paying member of the MTFCOA for 8 years and have posted on the forum several times while restoring the 26 pickup that I had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:39 am:

I don't know who Richard Davis is so I don't know if he is talking about the same car and people or not. They said they had had one offer but that they hadn't been advertising it. I'll call the owner today and see if they know Mr. Davis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Walt, I sent you a pm. call the number if interested in the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:36 am:

Just FYI to others, I talked extensively today with Mr. Leighton just now and this is the same car listed on May 18, 2018 on this forum by Mr. Richard Davis. That previous ad does have a couple of pics, but Mr. Leighton is sending me his pics which I greatly appreciate. Walt Wise

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration