Buffalo Hub Brazed Into Buffalo Wheel... What To Do..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Buffalo Hub Brazed Into Buffalo Wheel... What To Do..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:17 am:

I've got a Buffalo wheel brazed onto the Buffalo hub, would like to save both of them if possible (wheel center and hub). Any ideas on getting them apart?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:43 am:

Sorry, didn't know I was in classifieds and couldn't cancel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:16 am:

David- get out a big torch tip and heat it up and melt out the braze- you may need to respoke the wheel, as the heat will anneal the spokes, but it is about the only way to get that apart. I would do it by heating things up with the wheel/hub in a press and as the brass softens you should be able to push the hub out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

After removal you'll probably find out why they grazed it. I just took the nose off a pan, you'd be surprised how much heat it takes to displace the brass.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

Donít know if there is any helpful info in this old post

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/188558.html?1297048584

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration