Looking for my Grandfathers 1924 Ford Model T Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for my Grandfathers 1924 Ford Model T Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Hansen on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Hey everybody. In 1992 my grandfathers estate was finalized and his 1924 Ford Model T Roadster was sold. I remember a auto transporter came and took it away. The car was picked up in Gilbert AZ a suburb of Phoenix. It was sold to an unknown person. Recently I found a old copy of the original Bill of Sale (1955) when my grandfather purchased it and a old Arizona Registration Card. The engine # is 9564334. I am attempting to see if anyone knows the whereabouts of the car. Not that I want to purchase it.. but I would like to get some photos of it for my family journal.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Hansen. kfbbill@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

Bill;

Contact the attorney who handled your grandfather's estate, and/or the executor. It's possible they recorded to whom the car was sold.

Also, if you know the state the buyer lived in, the DMV may very well be able to tell you who that was by your giving them the VIN number (this worked for me many years ago, although since 9/11, it may not anymore).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 05:18 pm:

Bill you should repost this on the forum. Good luck with your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

What was your grandfather's name. "Hansen" or ??? I may have known him while I was a member of the Sun Country Model T Club based in Phoenix.
Contact Sam Guthrie of Arizona Model A in Gilbert. Although he is mostly Model A, he and his father Sam know just about every antique Ford owner in the Valley of the Sun. Sam Sr. especially may have known your grandfather and might know who bought his roadster. He never forgets a car.
Marshall,
newsletter editor and past president, SCMTC

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration