For Sale NRS early Splitdorf Coil box and coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale NRS early Splitdorf Coil box and coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:25 am:

This is indeed the box used on the '06 Model N, but the mounting brackets are incorrect. No matter; the screw holes in the box back panel can be plugged and the correct 4 small brackets installed. Nothing will show once it's on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W. Austen on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Barn fresh Splitdorf coil box and coils - Pictured in brown NRS parts book. This type of box was also used on many other makes of automobiles..No lid just what is in the pictures.$975.00 plus shipping and insurance.Paypal only continental U.S. only
morefordatnetzerodotnet.splt2spltbtm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:38 am:

I put a link to this ad on the Early Ford Registry site. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W. Austen on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 04:57 pm:

Thank you Mark, I have had trouble posting pictures in the past so stick with the MTFCA. I like to offer parts to members before listing on ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W. Austen on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 10:04 am:

This coil box came off a very original Model N. The unit weighs almost 15 pounds, Splitdorf probably went to this type of bracket for strength.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 07:29 pm:

Those are indeed Splitdorf brackets. Cant say whether they're correct for that box but I suspect they are. I owned a Splitdorf box used on a Ford Model B with the same brackets. Very similar if not the same coils. Have had other SD boxes with the same brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W. Austen on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 09:15 pm:

Coil box is sold - Thank you MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, September 21, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Yes, they are Split brackets, but the ones used originally on an N in '06 were four smaller pieces. These supportive brackets are more characteristic of earlier boxes. I have several early '04-'05 ads showing them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration