Off topic - rebuilt Model A engine and transmission assembly - Portland, Oregon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Off topic - rebuilt Model A engine and transmission assembly - Portland, Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:28 am:

This is a Model A motor and transmission assembly that has been completely rebuilt and never fired. I removed the head for photos and for your inspection. Assembly lube only throughout, never started. The .125 pistons still have finger prints on them from assembly.

I did not remove the pan, but you can remove the oil filler tube and look down to the crank area to see that it is new throughout.

The transmission is the same, rebuilt.

Clutch assembly new.

Intake and exhaust manifolds attached and included.

Water pump attached and included.

Brake and clutch pedals have new bushings, are attached and included.

Engine #
*A4433785*

Transmission #
A-7222-0

Ready to drop into your model a.

This came from the estate of a very well known long time Model T and Model A restorer here in Portland. Unfortunately, he never got the chance to install it.

$1200 for the complete assembly, picked up in Portland, or shipped on your dime.

(503) 348-7134 is my phone number. Estrangedcc@gmail.com is my email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

The oil filler tube is from a Model B (1932-34). Remove it, sell it to a guy with a Model B engine for $50 (he'll be tickled pink to get it!) and replace yours with a $10 used Model A filler pipe. Everybody wins.
Can you take a photo of the other side of the engine so that we know whether it's a Model A or Model B block? 'Can't tell from the driver's side. That'll make a difference in value. The head is definitely Model A with its four-stud mounting. Most parts are interchangeable between Model A and Model B engines, at least functionally.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Looks like the serial number dates the engine to March 1931.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

The images on my screen are so small that there's no way I could make out an engine number. Is there something you did to make the embedded images larger?
Yes, if you see an engine number stamped on the side, it is not a Model B. Their numbers were stamped on the backside, I believe on the bellhousing top.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Sold, pending payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Piper on Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

sold???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Greg,

Yes, it is sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration