FS 2 E&J or Classico Carbide headlight BRASS chimneys

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 2 E&J or Classico Carbide headlight BRASS chimneys
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

I have two FORD stamped Carbide Headlight chimneys for sale. PM if interested to buy. or trade for two brass Victor Chimneys shown in my other ad. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

Hi Ross,
Email sent.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig E. Luton on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

E-mail sent.
Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron MacIntyre on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Hi ; If you find 2 more please let me know. Mine were removed. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

Michael, Craig and Ron. Chimneys are being held for Scott at the moment. I'll send you a note, in order of notes received, if he isn't able to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

Ross,

Are these chimneys for CLASCO steel head light buckets?

or, did CLASCO make an all brass head light?

Thank you,

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:52 pm:

These are 'orphaned' chimneys, but I believe they we off steel head light buckets, I have not had brass buckets at all in any I have worked on or stripped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 08:40 am:

I have been trying to determine if CLASCO made any "all brass" head lights or side lights. So far, I cannot come up with any identifiable photographs of an "all brass" lamp from this manufacturer made during the 1912/1914 time frame. I don't think they did but figured you Canadian fellows may know. CLASCO was located at 2744 Edna, Windsor, Ont., and the building is still there. Sounds like you have your items sold.
Thank you for the information,
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 07:32 pm:

AS far as I am aware, CLASCO { Canadian Lamp And Signal Company } was just an off-shoot or "foreign" Division of the Victor/Corcoran works to produce lights for the Canadian production of Ford. Prior to this, the lamps were just supplied from the US warehouses. Just as the blocks had been with the USA ground off the "made in USA".

The plant was probably not set up until after the all brass period ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

Ken Iím not sure about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 12:17 am:

Brass TT,

I believe you are correct that CLASCO was after the "all brass" period but supposedly many Canadian 1913 and 1914 Model T cars had "all brass" CLASCO gas head lights. However, I've been unable find any examples/photos that are readily identifiable as all brass 1913 and 1914 style CLASCO lamps for Ford.

CLASCO was owned by Edmunds & Jones of Detroit and the two companies shared Directors. The name was "Canadian Lamp and Stamping Company" when the new plant at 2744 Edna was announced in the Windsor Ontario newspaper. They were only about three miles apart across the Detroit River. The plant in Windsor was to reduce the Canadian import taxes to E&J, Detroit.

The E&J gas head lights for U.S. Fords are a match of the CLASCO Black & Brass lamps. The only difference is the bonnet on the gas head light which is the subject of this thread. The cap is the only difference on the oil lamps.

The Victor and Corcoran lamp companies were owned by Thomas Corcoran and his four brothers in Cincinnati, Ohio.

John - John Brown? What may it be?

Thank you for your help,

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 01:20 am:

Victor, Corcoran & Brown were all owned by the brothers.
It is a Brown type with a left and right lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Yes, but after the "Black & Brass" Model T era.
John W. Brown passed away December 30, 1916, and Corcoran acquired the Brown Lamp company some time after that. The Corcoran Brown Lamp Company became the Electric Auto Lite Company of Toledo in 1930.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 12:52 am:

Was glass beading two E & J 8" Faced pots today. One had jam in brass, other steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

What size props/mirrors? John Brown 16's are 9" face.
Looks like the mounts are brass too.
Will the CLASCO bonnets fit?

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 06:03 pm:

Pots did not have mirrors. Appears to take a 6" mirrors, and use a spring circular clip (??) I think. Mounts are not brass, although appear so. Will hold a magnet. They take an E and J bonnet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration