Application info on early Ford Jno.w.brown 115 tail lamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Application info on early Ford Jno.w.brown 115 tail lamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Reuben Lefebre on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Can any one give me the application for an unusual early Model T Ford brass/black era tail lamp. The chimny cap is steel.Has a large Ford logo which says "jno.w.Brown ,#115 ".The cap is all steel,(which is unusual ).The font's upper portion is brass. This lamp has the red,blue ,and clear lens . Thanks for any help. Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

Our '14 has a Brown 115 BUT it has the brass top cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Steel caps on JB 110 and 115 lamps are fairly common. I have 5 or.6 110s and at least one115 with steel tops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

I have a nice original steel top one too on the shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Reuben Lefebre on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:26 am:

Thanks to all that replied. Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

I also have a Brown 115 tail lamp with a steel top cap.
I have another Brown 115 tail lamp with nickel plating on the top cap and the top half of the oil fount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Everybody talked about the various caps, only Steve mentioned a model year application. What you described pretty much is fitting for a '13 as well as the '14 that Steve mentioned. That's about the only two years I believe for black/brass tail lamps, although there is some indication perhaps they started showing up in late '12.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration