New batch of high flow NH float valves in process

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: New batch of high flow NH float valves in process
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, September 28, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

To the 3 folks who I promised valves to but ran out on last batch: you are at the top of the list

To anyone else: This batch of float valves will be ready in a day or two. Please PM me with your request(s). Am in shop days and respond to emails in evening.

Picture only shows complete bodies. Other parts being completed shortly

Valves are $25 each with $7 shipping

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, September 28, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

Scott, are these the original OEM non-Viton style? Need a refresh on what you're offering please. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, September 28, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Dave

These are viton tipped modern valves. They have been modified to have the correct .125" throughput on the orifice, and then relieved so as to not restrict the new larger flow. You get the sealing of a modern valve with the full flow of the original.

Thanks for asking and letting me make the distinction clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, September 28, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Scott, thanks for making these available. Is there a reason why its not made without the viton tip like original? Still unsure of using one based on some of the negative reviews of some who have used similar ones in the past. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 02:03 am:

I have found that damage to new Viton seats is caused by the
Incorrect way that some people set the float level. This is where the needle is forced closed by using a screwdriver and the float bent up / down with a finger. Quick yes, but damaging the needle Viton seat is almost a given.
Viton tipped needles are a great idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Alan

I agree with your assessment. If you tap the needle or force it closed, you've just wrecked the tip and wasted your money.

FWIW: Of all the float valves available now for motorcycles and automobiles on the road today, I don't think you can find a valve with a metal tip (at least none that I have seen)...they all have the soft tip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

To all:

they are now done and ready for shipment. I have contacted all folks (that I am aware of) who have been waiting patiently. And to them I say "thank you!". If you think you're on my list of folks and have NOT gotten an email from me, PLEASE check your SPAM folder or contact me again.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

I've heard back from everyone, plus some new folks. Their valves are packed and awaiting shipment.

Still have a few left.

I do not intend to carry inventory, so production will continue on a limited basis, in small numbers as demand warrants it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

These are very well made. Scott sent me a couple of them and I will hoard them mightily.

Thanks, Scott. Good on you for making something that will actually fit and work, not the junk that was being sold for years that was so rough it wouldn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Kind words, Stan. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration