Wanted, solid coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted, solid coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

Looking for a solid unrestored coupe in the upper Midwest. Iím a little South of Green Bay. Prefer a running car or very complete. I drive my roadster when itís warm but want to extend my season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 03:33 am:

Is Ohio too far?I have no connection to this one. Aside from the (very) wrong but well done interior, it looks like it might be Okay.

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/1924-ford-model-drscoup/6691407838.html

You are correct, having a coupe can extend your touring season:

But, with the proper clothing a runabout allows year 'round motoring:

Good luck in your quest, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Thanks Bill !!
I sent a message to the seller. I have had my runabout out in the cold but the fairer sex is less hardy. Half the year here is 50 degrees or less and a month or more below zero is not uncommon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 08:54 am:

I reached out to the Craigslist seller who did not respond. The listing was removed after 2 days so I have to assume the coupe sold. Still looking for a solid coupe - or perhaps a Center door or Tudor somewhere in the upper Midwest. Really would like a complete original or an older cosmetic restoration.
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Dave, 24 coupe that needs nothing but a new home, the owner has passed away 7 years ago and the wife has decided to get rid of it since grandsons want nothing to do with it. 20yr old restoration been kept inside the whole time. Ruxstel, Rockies, wire wheels, she is asking 15000 but I think she may be willing to talk? This is a friend, Sandy is her name and 419-307-6279 is her number. I hauled it to Richmond this past summer for her and it had a lot of lookers. Hope this helps Joe if more info give me a call 419-618-1025

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Thanks Joe, but $15,000 is out of my reach. Sounds like a great car though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

Dave, It might be worth the phone call and look, she is getting tired of it in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

Dave, This car had been all rewooded, engine rebuilt, ruxstel rebuilt, paint with acrylic enamel then sanded and buffed to look like the old lacquer job from years ago, has the 26-7 wire wheels so it will go down the road a little better with 4.50 on it, Rocky's so you can stop. Whitey was planning on touring the crap out if it with the rest of us but came down with lung cancer and only got a short time in it. He had an 11 Roadster that he called his Princess that never left the garage, that found a home before he passed he wanted a good home for it! give me a call if you want to know more, Joe 419-618-1025

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Hello all, thank you for the responses and encouragement. While I do not want a basket case, I also canít afford a top of the line restored car. A fixed income is really a broken income if you get my drift. Still looking for a solid and complete coupe or any other enclosed options.
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

1922 Coupe

1922 Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

Dave:

Sent you a PM.

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Gugerty on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 07:02 am:

I purchased this coupe over the summer...it's complete,maybe not "solid". I'm in Northern Illinois so maybe this project would be within your reach. Definitely less than $15,000.coupe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration