FS 1914 Runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1914 Runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

It is with reluctance that we have decided to sell or roadster.
Our T is is an American model, original engine and body. Engine was completely rebuilt a couple of years ago, and the transmission was just rebuilt 2 months ago. The car has and E timer and the mag works great. New tires and tubes where put on a month ago.
I also want to sell the aluminum custom open trailer with the car. It is an open trailer with 2 axles electric brakes,spare tire, and is self loading with an electric winch.
I'm asking $25k USD for both.
For pictures please send me an Email or phone 905 853 1073. We are located just 25 miles NE of Toronto

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

This car is still available. There seems to be a LOT of concern because the car is in Toronto area. This car came from Coal Port PA when I bought it so it is an AMERICAN car. I sold my 13 touring 2 years ago to a gent in Long Island NY and he had NO PROBLEM taking it to the US.
I'll lower my asking price to $ 21K USD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 07:23 am:

I think people are just confused about bringing anything other than a carload of air across the border anymore due to the tariffs and trade wars. What is subject to the tariff and what isn't?

And even if Made in America vintage cars are not subject to any taxes or tariffs or safety or environmental rules when brought home, most of us don't think it's a trivial process to cross the border. I've heard that it all depends on the agent you meet at the border --- some give you no hassle, others seem to take great joy in ruining your day. And what happens when I try to register the car in my state with foreign paperwork? I don't know. Those who do know could pick up some nice cars if they were priced in Canadian dollars.

Sorry but that's the way it is in the world today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By watson worker on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 09:05 am:

"The car has and E timer and the mag works great."

The coil points are shorted when the E timer is installed, the mag will not work with coil points shorted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Bringing a car into the USA from Canada and registering it in the USA with Canadian paperwork is not a big deal. The paper work is simple. I have had it done more than a few times. You can do it yourself or for about 300-500.00 hire a customs broker to handle everything. It is done all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Watson
U are correct what I neglected to say was that the mag is used to charge the battery thru a diode and light bulb and this system works extremely well! It keeps the battery fully charged at all times

wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 11:45 am:

Ron
Thanks kindly
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 03:04 am:

My brother sold his 1911 Cadillac a few weeks ago. It was in Vancouver Canada. The new owner drove in from Michigan and trailered it home. In talking with him after he got back he said he had no issues at all at the border.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 08:59 am:

t
Thanks Ken
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 09:25 am:

Here are the pictures of the car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 09:25 am:

Here are the pictures of the car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

Nice car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 10:31 pm:

Thanks Tim, hate to part with it!
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

The car and trailer are still for sale. I will lower my price to $20,000 USD for both until the 15th of Nov at which time they will be in storage for the winter.
There seems to be a lot of concern about importing them to the US. Perhaps those concerns could be reduced if one would read Ken Findlays post above. It is a simple process.
I will sell the car separately if I have to since I have someone who wants the trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wofford on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

Wilf why donít you just trailer it to the US side to meet some buyer? Then there will be no excuses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

John
Because the buyer has to import the car, not me.
If I was to do that, unfortunately I would be banned from the US for life. We own a home in Gilbert AZ, so we don't want to miss our winters in beautiful AZ. I,m pretty sure it is the US buyer who has to import the vehicle.
US folks are doing it everyday.
I'm willing to take the car and trailer to the border on the Canadian side meet the buyer and the two of us go through US customs.
What is wrong with that?
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 07:55 am:

This is about as slick a car and trailer as I have seen except at Shows, you are to be congratulated, Sir, and someone is going to get a good looking rig. As Mr. Dwyer said, and in my opinion, it depends on the Agent. In my working career, I went back and forth to Canada a lot, and it was 50/50 if you got hassled, and this was in a car. One trip sticks in my mind, two of us flew into Montreal on business, I was in Levi's and he in a suit. We separated at the gate, he went on to rent a car, because we both figured I would be delayed because of my clothes, and he could sail through, wrong! They did the full routine on him, and I sailed through, when I went back to find him, I thought they would do me, I was laughing so hard, just depends, anywhere in the world was my experiences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Grady
I think it depends on "what side of bed" the agent got up that morning!! both Canadian and US border agents!
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Can't believe it's no sold yet. Great looking T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

Watson:

I believe he's saying that the original ignition system works fine on magneto, then if the new owner wants to use the E-Timer instead, it works fine too.

Two systems, new owner's choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Bob
That is correct
Thanks Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Just checked with customs brokers, and apparently there is NO US duty on a car imported to the US if the car is over 100yrs old
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Wow, that is a beautiful 14. Last car I brought over the line from Canada to the US was a very nice Canadian built T. I showed up after dark at the crossing, and the customs agent didn't notice it had "Made in Canada" marks all over it. He said something like now there's a great piece of old Detroit iron, and let me go thru duty free. Who am I to challenge a customs agent? I would have no hesitation at all about bringing a Detroit-made T back to the US!! Just don't bring in any Havana cigars or more than 2 12 packs of Canadian beer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

Well I will lower my price for the car only to $18 000 USD but that is firm. I have a buyer for the trailer here in Ontario.
Interesting to note that cars over 100 years old DO NOT have import tax applied, so I guess this car should be tax free into the US.
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

Well I will lower my price for the car only to $18 000 USD but that is firm. I have a buyer for the trailer here in Ontario.
Interesting to note that cars over 100 years old DO NOT have import tax applied, so I guess this car should be tax free into the US.
Wilf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

Car and trailer sold.
thanks MTFCA
Wilf

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration