Wanted: youngsters and newbies looking to get in on the fun.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: youngsters and newbies looking to get in on the fun.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 03:13 pm:

Just picked up a huge load of T stuff. Not rare parts, accessories and speed parts, just the basics you start with to build a car or help restore one. Chassis, frames front and rear ends, engines and transmissions, fenders and more. Offering everything on the cheap to help people on a budget join the fun. Load pictured is about 1/3rd of the haul. All been outside a while. Better pics on the FB model T and speedster pages. Will give stuff away to the right people. We are in Auburn Ca. Sacramento area. Come see me and get the affliction. See our collection and what happens when it gets out of hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

That is very kind of you Erik and I hope it brings someone new into the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

That's what we are hoping for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

I will be in touch. My 25 yr old son and I have been retained by the Indiana Military Museum to build them a WWI M1917 Model T ambulance. We have to drive up to Indiana to retrieve their rolling chassis of unknown origin and vintage and a few boxes of parts. We will need "stuff" to finish the metal work and running gear, I am sure, but don't know exactly what we need yet. But getting some parts on the cheap would help their budget and get me and my son well into the project this fall.

I remember donating some parts to a young forum member that was going to build a speedster a year or so ago. Did that project ever get up and running? I've been away from the forum for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

Good for you Erik !! What a generous and thoughtful thing for you to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 11:10 am:

I need a runabout quarters and firewall and back panel , model a chassis text me at 562 5512381

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

Eric, I think this is just great and you should be commended on for this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

Outstanding Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

What an absolutely gracious gesture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

Ok guys, the rest of the load is here. 8000 lbs or more. About 25% of it is beyond help and will be scrapped. That leaves a bunch of stuff to build up speedsters or black era model T's. Mostly chassis parts but a bunch of pretty good fenders too. Please help me put these parts back on the road and not recycled into concrete rebar. Anyone welcome to pick out your dream project in pieces and take it home. Where are you guys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 08:44 pm:

More pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

More pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

I see a Wild Cherry III in there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 01:24 am:

We can help with that too. Have a Gemsa powered race car for sale. Racing at RPM nationals this weekend. Not as quick as the Wild Cherry II, set up for circle track sprint racing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 07:31 am:

I wish I didn't live on the opposite coast! I'd be as happy as a pig in mud looking through that load 😊. Then again, maybe it's a good thing I live so far away, keeps me out of trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 07:43 am:

I'd be there right now looking through it all if Texas wasn't a 2 day drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

I will try to call you this weekend. Been needing to speak with you for awhile anyway.
(I need some earlier fenders!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

Wayne, got some pretty good billed flat top fenders in now. Lots of others too. Come and take your pick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

And I have just about finished making the really bad ones I had look decent! Always seems to work out that way. It is alright, though, I think I have another project coming up that I could use some fenders for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 03:10 am:

Well. The long story short. I was planning to go over Sunday afternoon after Erik got home from a vintage drag races (he says they did very well). However, on Saturday, while I was working on my fenders and running boards for my project, my wife came outside planning to tell me about something she had read online, instead telling me that water was running through the garage! Two hours earlier, the floor was completely dry. The water heater had decided that day was the day to quit working. So I spent most of the rest of Saturday and Sunday cleaning up the mess and $400 later installing a new water heater. :-(

Monday night, after Erik got home from work, I went to his place, where helpers were moving rusty stuff around, Erik was working on an engine in the shop, And we went out with flashlights to look at some of his "new" stuff.

Wow! Erik told me lot of it was really rough, been sitting outside for years. Some of it messed with and not very good.
Might be true for a little bit of it, but most of it looks like lots of good chassis parts from late brass on up, must be eight or more complete engines (okay one had sat in a creek for too long, but most looked like decent rusty old engines, And I did spot one with a hole in a water jacket?). More parts of engines, transmissions, pans, front ends (some with decent old paint still on them), rear ends, more torque tubes and drive shafts than I have seen in years! A pile of 30X3 1/2 demountable wheels (I didn't dig through them but saw several I am sure could be cleaned up, painted, and used!).

And those billed flat top fenders? I didn't count them. They were I think all '15/'16 style (three rivet), a few sets of some of the nicest original front fenders I have seen available in years! A few were a bit rough, but none were nearly as bad as the ones I had already mostly restored. Extras of one side, but I am not sure right or left (I think the extras were right sides as I already have an extra right side and was thinking if the extras were lefts I would have gotten one?). I did not see any rear fenders for brass era. Black era, looked like some nice front and rear fenders (including one fairly rare coupe type rear fender).

So, if you are looking for the beginnings of a major project? Or just need a few key pieces? You might ought to check with Erik. A lot of good stuff come in!

Because I am broke, and need to watch my spending very close, I did not take any of the better front '15 fenders. I didn't take the worst ones either (at least not yet, I may later?). I took home two front fenders that are far better than the two I have spent days working on, and they already look much better than the ones I had before!
I also got a few other pieces I needed for my current project and a few items for a couple future projects. All for a very reasonable price!

I need to check the couch cushions. I am going to have to go back again for some more stuff.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration