WTB: Mirror Opposite Tail lamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: Mirror Opposite Tail lamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 09:21 am:

For my 1914 Touring, a tail lamp that, as you face the rear of the car, is on the right side of the car with the clear lens facing the licence plate, the red lens facing the rear of the car and, the blue/green lens facing out.

I doesn't matter what make or no-make.

I know they are out there as I found one at Hershey a few years ago.

Unfortunately, it was backed into and was mangled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 04:24 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Sounds like E @ J. Too bad ,they are getting harder to find

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

I recently sold a Gray&Davis made that way. It went to Australia as they drive on the left. So did some Canadian provinces. Such a layout was used on cars driving on the left side of the road, tail lamp would be mounted on the right rear with the clear lens on the left side shining on the license plate. As you stated a mirror image of US practice.
Works nicely as the second tail lamp to install turn signals!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

Marty, if you haven't found one by mid November, let me know and I will keep an eye out at the Bendigo National swap meet.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

Layden, that's how I was using it.

Allen, thanks! I'll let you know. I figured one of our down under or British brethren might know of one.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodger Erickson on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 12:00 am:

Would a reproduction lamp be acceptable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Rodger, well, I would prefer to find an original, if possible. I'm not in a huge hurry as the touring season is over here. A repro sounds expensive. Is it?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Anybody?

Allen, I may be asking you to keep an eye out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

Marty, packing the trailer ready to go. Swap meet is mid November.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration