WTB 1926-27 Dash mixture adjustment rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1926-27 Dash mixture adjustment rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Alvord on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 08:24 am:

Looking for a 26-27 dash mixture adjustment rod. The one with the little nub on it for adjusting mixture as well as pulling for choke. Looking for a nice original. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 09:08 am:

You might want to consider buying a repro. The repro can be adjusted to any length you need. The originals are 4 different lengths depending upon what they came off and canít easily be lengthened/shortened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:28 am:

I believe all together there are about seven different versions. They used them in late 1925 too. Take a look at a 26-7 parts book. It gives the lengths.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

We are the ones that make them new, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Cibolo, Texas on Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 12:32 am:

J Alvord, if you know the length of rod that you need, or if you have a 26-27 parts book and locate your body style, it will give you the length you should have. let me know what that length is. I have at least four different length rods with knobs and none are the length that I needed. If I've got what you need, its yours for the postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Alvord on Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 08:37 am:

Thanks guys...

I'll consider a repro. Schedule is booked up until this weekend but I'll get a tape on the car then and see how long it needs to be...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 11:00 am:

Hereís another great example of why this forum needs to be upgraded to a more modern format. I have the parts book in my iphone, and with a couple clicks, could post the page with all the different lengths... if I didnít have to mail things back & forth to myself or turn a pdf into a jpg & resize it first, etc, etc, etc...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration