WTB 1915 Mag Horn Button

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1915 Mag Horn Button
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

Looking to buy a 1915-16 horn button for the 1915 brass ball magneto horn. It mounts on the side of the steering column with 2 screws. In good to excellent condition. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

Still looking for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

John, I have one I had on the classifieds a few weeks ago. All Canadian cars had them, right up to the end of production. Whole ones with an undamaged phenolic body piece are hard to find.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 19, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

The type you are looking for mounted on top of the steering column and looks very much like the ones still made today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 12:03 am:

Mark, it's the same switch and metal housing. On the 1915 switch the mounting 'ears' are bent at right angles to the housing so they lay flat on the steering column. On the Canadian steering wheel nut mounting, the ears are not bent out.

There is a thin brass strip in the 15 switches which goes to one of the screws and from there is sandwiched between the column and the switch body to provide the ground.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 12:38 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/101002.html?1249831472

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 10:09 am:

There is a NOS one on ebay now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 10:31 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BB-5-ANTIQUE-CAR-PUSH-BUTTON-HORN-MODEL-A-OR-T-FORD/113 309277023?hash=item1a61c25b5f:g:DS8AAOSwTGVbw6Eq:rk:22:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MODEL-T-HORN-BUTTON-DODGE-CADILLAC-PACKARD-STUTZ-BU ICK-FORD-GARFORD/132820685929?hash=item1eecbad469:g:Q60AAOSwb6FaxNoZ:rk:21:pf:0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:00 am:

Wow,thanks for all the fantastic help and the heads up on this!! That is a screaming deal for me in my opinion! Almost as good as when I bought the correct 1915 headlight switch out of a seller's junk box for a dollar!! Again, thanks to everyone for all the help!! Now my brass bell mag horn might actually honk again on the 1915 for the first time in Lord know how long, like maybe 80 or 90 years! I am so excited to hear it!! Thanks again, Rollie

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration