FS Model A Brake Arcing Machine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Model A Brake Arcing Machine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Bolling on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 11:12 am:

I have a Marathon Electric Brake Arcing Machine. Works fine. $650
I would prefer local pickup. I am in Long Beach, CA. Rob 562-900-8106Brake Arcing brake arcing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Pretty sure those were made by Ammco- same folks that make drum and rotor lathes. Is it the motor that has the "Marathon" tag on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Dan is correct these use to be used on all quality drum brake jobs when the drums are turned (and still should be when heel toe is off) who ever uses this make sure you get the correct exhaust sock unless you can hold your breath along time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

What are y'all doing for the sanding rolls for these now??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

McMaster-Carr has a pretty good offering:
https://www.mcmaster.com/abrasive-sanding-bands

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:14 pm:

Are brake lathes worth anything these days? If so Ive got an AMCO one I would like to find a home for. How does the brake arcing machine work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

My copy of the literature for the AMMCO brake shoe grinder is quite soiled and difficult to read. I had to use a zoom feature to view.

AMMCO-brake-1

AMMCO-brake-2

Uploaded images here:

first image

second image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:25 am:

goodson tool sells abrasive rolls and most other parts as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:27 am:

part number is as-7 for my ammco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Bolling on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

Thank you guys for adding info on this machine. I appreciate it. Rob.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration