For Sale-23 Inch Clincher Rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale-23 Inch Clincher Rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:31 am:

These rims are for Chevy, but will fit Ford with new valve hole drilled. No sharp edges. $40 each plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L. Kemp on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

I will get them. Rich PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

I have a perfect one of these I bought at Hershey a few years ago. It wouldn’t fit my wheels. Have you actually tried them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Rims are spoken for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Rims are available again due to a misunderstanding.
Mark, I have used these rims on a 23 inch Model T wheel, and they do fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 06:28 am:

In my experience, Chev rims were made by Hayes, and as such they have lugs which have the foot on them. Most Ford wheels do not have the relief pressed into the outer rolled edge of the wheel felloe. With a shifted valve stem hole and the creation of reliefs in the felloe, they will fit. We had to make both modifications to fit Chev rims to my son's T traytop.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 06:42 am:

In my experience, Chev rims are made by Hayes, and as such have lugs with feet on them. Ford felloes do not have the relief in the felloe to accommodate the lug foot.

To fit Chev rims to my son's T traytop, we had to drill the new valve stem hole and form a relief in the outer rolled edge on the felloe.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 07:33 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 07:26 am:

ttt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration