FS 1915 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1915 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Very nice early (03/15) 1915 Roadster. Body and fenders in primer. Wood replaced in body and interior upholstery has been done. Newer Brass Works round tube radiator. Restored brass trimmed headlights, side lights and taillight. Klaxon horn with driver's side mount. Very nice wheels with Firestone tires front and rear. Ruckstell axle and outside brakes. No top; however, very nice restored top sockets, bows and upholstery included with purchase. Title in hand. PM me (preferred) for further details and pictures. Asking price is $10,500. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

This car has been in dry storage for several decades and is a bit dusty; however, here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what is being offered. This is a very nice solid car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 10:10 pm:

Daughter not included. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

To answer a few questions received from forum members.

Engine, transmission and Ruckstell were “rebuilt” by Fred Upshaw many years ago. To what degree I do not know.

Coilbox, lid and switch are correct and restored.

It has the correct hogsheads with ribbed pedals.

Engine casting date is 3 4 15.

The Ruckstell is early and marked “Hall Scott”.

Ruckstell shifter is located on the left side next to the emergency brake lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

That is certainly in much nicer condition than the one I started restoring (coming along slowly still).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Last of the brass! If you want a very correct 15' Roadster, this would be the car for you. If shipping is an issue, give me a call. I might be able to help with that. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:40 am:

What a great looking car. I wish I had more room.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:56 am:

When did it run or drive last? Have you tried to start and or drive it? Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

The car has been sold. Thank you for all the interest. Thank you MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:08 am:

Very nice car at a very fair price !! There has to be a well satisfied buyer out there somewhere. Congratulations Mark, would have bought this one in a heartbeat compared to the other one we talked about !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Hi John,

Thank you for your positive comments. The car found a great caretaker and will be heading to Grand Forks North Dakota.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Johnson on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

Somebody got a deal on this one!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

Fantastic car..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

Thank you for the kind words Mark, and thanks to all of you guys for the positive posts. The Roadster will be well taken care of and the restoration carefully finished. I'm pretty excited and looking forward to preserving that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

Looks like another nice car for our neck of the woods. Very nice, Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

I just received word from Rick that due to a family emergency, he is unable to purchase the roadster. As such, it is now back on the market. Same asking price as before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

A few more pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 10:10 pm:

Very nice looking original car Mark. I am sorry to hear it didn't work out for Rick to purchase, I know him and bought a nice Model T from him that he took care of well so the car would have been in good hands. I am in NW Minnesota any idea how much shipping would be up here? Does the engine have compression and cooling system and brass radiator hold water? This car has obviously been preserved very well over the years, thanks for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

The engine turns freely and has compression. The radiator does hold water with no leaks detected. I was told the Ruckstell and engine were rebuilt years ago by Fred Upshaw (since deceased). It appears Fred may have installed a modified A crankshaft as there is a 1/2" pan spacer which is required when installing a Model A crankshaft; however, I have not pulled the inspection cover to verify.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

also, I believe there are two sets of top bows included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 10:59 am:

Sorry, I have no idea what is would cost to ship. If you do ship, I would go with an enclosed transport due to the time of year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Figure on about $1.25 to 1.50 per mile for enclosed transport based on recent experience.Go with a shipper Who will give You a firm pick up and delivery date.If they say they can do it right away and work you in to a existing transport be highly skeptical. I used Bill's Auto works for a recent delivery from TN and was very happy. Made schedule a month ahead of time and Truck was delivered on time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

Thanks for providing the information Jim. If it helps, I have no problem storing the vehicle for a reasonable amount of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

If the engine and Ruckstell were rebuilt by Fred Upshaw, you can be assured this car is going to be a runner. He was one of the best Model T engine builders and Model T mechanics in California. I have two cars that have his rebuilds. These were done decades ago and have tens of thousands of trouble free miles on them. Fred knew how to build a T engine for driving. When he was alive, he was considered a Model T guru and I believe even held the title of "King of the Hill" at least once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Thanks for all the info. As I am in northern MN I'm guessing enclosed shipping would be $2-3K up here but it definitely looks like a nice car. I'll think it over, thanks for letting me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Thanks for the information. Still available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian lawrence on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Pm sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:02 pm:

Hi Brian,

My contact information is as follows:

Mark Chaffin
1931 S. Main St.
Corona, CA 92882
(951) 805-0928
rajorepo@netscape.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

I've had a few inquiries; however, mostly from back east. If it will help seal the deal, I'll knock $500 off the asking price to help with shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

The car has been sold (again). It will be going with John to Tucson. Thanks John! Thanks MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian lawrence on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Shit.... Oh well someday maybe. Congrats to new owner. Really cool car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian lawrence on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

Shit.... Oh well someday maybe. Congrats to new owner. Really cool car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration