Old car trailer - to be pulled behind a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Old car trailer - to be pulled behind a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 09:01 am:

Yes, it is mine. Bought years ago from a Forum member in Ohio. Life changes require me to find a new home for this.

https://nh.craigslist.org/tro/6725278297.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Cool trailer, I have nearly everything I need to build a similar trailer from a "T" axle and wheels I've been saving. I appreciate the photos. Good luck with sale of your trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:12 am:

Thanks.

Transportation/Delivery is always an issue with something large. Patience required !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 11:39 am:

That is a fantastic trailer Dave. I’ve always regretted selling it. Hope you find a new owner, they will be very pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

Great trailer..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

Cool trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Epstein on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

I love it! put some hey bales in it and let the kids ride around the farm or in a parade. I would like it for camping but it's too far from me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

I am interested to pull behind my 27 Depot Hack. But I would need to create some sort of trailer hitch to connect this to. Can you share a quick photo of your hitch assembly so I know how much work would be needed to create one to hook this trailer up to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 07:29 pm:

Robert, If you can access the Craigslist link, and scroll thru the pictures, there is a picture of the hitch on the trailer...a "Brice Automatic Coupler".

I have NOT trailered this behind one of my Ts. When I bought it from Tim, my intent was to do what you wish to do...except my Hack was a '23. Life happens...too many projects - not enough time. Now we are moving - the Hack has a new home in Kentucky, and one trailer went with it. I just never got around to working on this one. I believe - although I am not certain - that a small ball - maybe 1 1/2" ( I think that a 1 7/8" may be too large) will fit into the socket...although I AM NOT POSITIVE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

I have two different “hitch” arrangements I would send to the new owner, just pay the postage. One is a period made blacksmith one that would be about a foot behind the rear crossmember. The other is a TT radius rod that has been cut off and would extend the hitch about 3 foot. ( this was shown in period books on how to haul a small trailer behind a T.) Both of these mount to the bottom of the rear spring U bolts, in place of the small bars. I think Dave’s trailer is a period made item, from my poor memory, and not a home made trailer. Tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 07:21 am:

The trailer has been spoken for...taking it off the market for now pending receipt of funds. Thanks JMD, Tim, all who responded, and of course the MTFCA Forum.

(Just an aside - despite some "warts" this Forum does enable many ideas, thoughts and dreams to be shared, as well as enabling many "treasures" to find new homes).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration