Looking for horseless carriage parts for my build

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for horseless carriage parts for my build
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 09:56 am:

I am gathering parts to build a horseless carriage, something like an early Sears motor buggy or early IHC car or truck. I will consider any parts you have, like leaf springs, buggy type wheels, top bows and hardware, control levers and handles, etc. If you have something that you think might work on my build, please let me know.

I'm hoping for something like the vehicle in this pic except I want larger wheels and tires and I want to have fenders. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

Anything at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

I have a couple of wooden seats that might be of use to you. Iíll take a look at them tomorrow and see what it is that Iíve got. I picked them up in my travels and havenít paid much attention to them since they donít fit in with anything Iíve got in the works. One of the seats is very basic and the other has some iron on it. Let me know if you think they might work for you and weíll go from there.

Cheers,

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 10:18 pm:

Hey Tommy, I have been in the construction (repro's) restoration (original) carriages for 46 years as a business. Started collecting back in 1961 and have owned well over 300 original pieces !!! You asked for parts ?? MAN, I GOT PARTS. In the fall of 2019 we are going to have a estate/business auction. Everything will be sold to the bare walls, but will keep my antique cars and a couple of my nicer guitars. Check out my website, www.liveryone.net an let me know what your looking for. I see you have built a "Horseless Carriage". We just finished a commercial grade horseless carriage that will be shipped near Charlotte NC soon. Powered by 16 deep cell marine batteries, tiller wheel steering. Looks just like a fancy 19th century horse carriage but modernized into the 21st century technology. Wished I could post pictures on here BUT it doesn't work, so send me a PM and I'll email you some. It's a "one of one", no other like it on the planet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:12 am:

My dad had some early springs and a tiller steering shaft tube with levers as well as other stuff, let me check and see what he has left...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Hi, I have an early 2cly air cooled motor that I was told fit a 1907 ABC highwheeler I'd sell for $750. Or trade for pre 13 t parts.
Michael Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Thanks for the responses so far. Looking for more, please, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 03:23 am:

There is lots of stuff here:
https://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?parts

Scroll down and see more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Tommy. Here's a reproduction for sale on CL that might give You some Ideas.https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/6742964112.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

I have a 1903 Ford reproduction body. Located in Sioux City, Iowa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

Tommy,
I have 4 Duro "Beachbum tires 3"x26 they came off my Bliss CDO maybe 25 miles on them Grey with whitewalls $5.00 each + shipping
link here:
https://www.amazon.com/Duro-California-Bicycles-Beach-Cruiser/dp/B076PX6JRP/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541627009&sr=8-1-spell&

The tires on this car, are the tires offered
keywords=duro+beachbum+3x26

bluecdo

That same car with new all black tires, & a few improvements

Rod

black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

Tommy he has nothing left....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Sorry Steve, I thought your post was about Rod Letcher's post.
Thanks for checking on the stuff your dad might have had. I'm still looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Rod, sorry for the delay. I've been sick for a couple of days and spent very little time on the computer. I want the tires and sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

Tommy,
Got the PM, I'll package them up and get a shipping cost. I'll let you know the total then.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

Rod, I really like the looks of your CDO replica. I like both versions. I would love to see some more pics. I might build a similar car first and save the high wheeler build for next time. A CDO replica with my modified twin would scoot along well, wouldn't it? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:12 pm:

Ron, see my post about my slight change in plans.
Let me know about the shipping.
I'm not in a hurry so lets ship them the cheapest way, please. Probably postal service? The total weight should be 14-15 lbs. Thanks again, Tommy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

http://www.horselesscarriagereplicas.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

http://www.horselesscarriagereplicas.com/plans.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Tommy my full sized CDO replica has a 13 hp Chonda gas engine. It will do about 25mph. With tiller steering it will scare the crap out of you at that speed. I cut and reshaped S-10 pickup springs, used a differential I built from scratch, and scratch built front axle. I used 19'' steel wheels from Canada and Duro sidecar tires.I have no parts as everything but wheels and engine was fabricated as needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

Nice work Gary. My feelings would not be hurt if my project ends up looking just like that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration