First Year State Issue License Plates - Brass Model T Era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: First Year State Issue License Plates - Brass Model T Era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

For those who are interested in a year-of-manufacture license plate for their 1916 or earlier Ford:

I have a number of first year state-issued license plates currently available. Refer to photos below.

Please contact me via the private message function for more information.

1913 Indiana (porcelain) - this plate is in very good condition, about as nice as you will find:

1911 Iowa - this is an excellent re-paint/restoration and would like nice on your 1911 Ford:

1910 Michigan - not the greatest plate, it is porcelain with a lot of touch-up. Would be a "20 footer" on the back of your 1910 Ford:

1915 Nebraska - okay "as is" for a barn fresh 1915 Ford but would be a good candidate for an easy restoration due to easy color match - black over white:

1916 Nevada - a nice flat plate that has been re-painted. The numbers were professionally painted and crisp but whoever did the restoration did not fill the pits in the green background of the plate. Okay "as is" but could very easily be re-restored in a more proper fashion:

1910 New Hampshire - above average condition for porcelain plate. Nice, low number.

1910 New York - would like nice on a barn-fresh 1910 Ford. Would also be easy to restore if so desired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Daudert on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

I am interested in the Michigan plate.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

Any Texas Plates Erik?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:07 am:

Jim Daudert:

I replied to your private message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:12 am:

Daniel Snell:

1917 Texas - first year state-issued plate.

It is a "restored" plate that was previously in fair condition. The numbers were crisply re-painted but who ever did the restoration didn't do any filling of of the pits in the background.

I'll send you private message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:41 am:

FYI. Texas DMV requires You present both plates for their inspection even though only one is required for a antique YOM license plate. I tried to register a single plate recently and was told by the local Tax office I had to have two plates with a clear registration. Even if You only need one plate in Your state if the other plate is registered to someone else. Your out of luck! Buyer Beware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 01:12 am:

Keep your regular plates under the seat and hang the YOM on the car. If you are caught, the ticket can't be that much and I doubt you will go to jail.

Or, hang the YOM on the back of the car in addition to the currently registered plate.

Or, only hang the YOM plate on the car when it is on display at car shows.

Or, just hang the plate on the wall as a decoration.

Or, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 05:04 am:

FYI...As a retired law enforcement officer with 36 years of service, if you display an improper plate on your vehicle and are stopped for any violation you take a risk of the officer confiscating your plate as evidence.

Just a little advice, don't take the chance!

Respectfully submitted,
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Houston---WNC on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 08:13 am:

Erik
Do you have any plates from N.C.1913 to 1926
--Thanks--davids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Erik,
How about a 1915 Tennessee?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert D. Hyden on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Looking for a 1913 Georgia plate if you have one. By the way in Georgia you can use an original license plate if you purchase your regular plate. You must declare the original plate that you intend to use. Put the new plate under the seat and mount the original plate. So far the DMV has only required that I pay a one time fee to use the original plate I have on my 1930 Model A Phaeton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Dave Houston: no NC plates available

Robbie Price: no 1915 TN available

Robert Hyden: no 1913 GA available

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Hi Erik, Do you have any early Minnesota plates? Thanks! Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

Mike:

I'll send you a private message.

Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

What's your price on the 1911 Iowa, 1915 Nebraska and 4 digit porcelain NH plate and the last NY plate? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

Mike:

I sent you another message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Daudert on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 06:43 am:

NOTED
These are only for sale on eBay. Not for sale here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janet Block on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Do you have any pairs of YOM for State if California for 1915 ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration