Hyatt rear axle roller bearings for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Hyatt rear axle roller bearings for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Used Hyatt roller bearing from a 60 year T estate. I can send sets of five, uncleaned but measure .497+ , 60$ priority to your door. I can match up some sets under that size , same price. Tmorsher@icloud.com to reach me. I do not get PMs here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

These are all spoken for ( very quickly, I might add ). I can put some sets together closer to .495 , which would probably be good with new sleeves. Tmorsher@icloud.com to reach me. Thanks, Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

I have another set (5) of .497, and a couple of sets (5) of .495+. If it wasnít clear, the $60 includes priority postage to your door. Tmorsher@icloud.com , I DO NOT get PMs here. Thanks, Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

All gone, thanks ! Iíll repost if payment doesnít show up eventually. thanks MTFCA !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 01:54 am:

Tim
Don't want to buy any and note that they are all sold (good). My question is where on the bearing do you mike them, and how many times before declaring the size? Ie: Do you measure every roller? both ends? do they ever deviate? Just asking because I have never done it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 07:15 am:

Jon,
You need to measure every roller and from both sides, another thing to look for are tight gages to keep the roller aligned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Engine Joe obviously has more time on his hands than I do. Seriously, though, to answer Jonís question, before I would use these, I would degrease them. Iíd inspect for rust spots, or pitting. Iíd measure a whole bunch of rollers , on both ends with a good micrometer(not a caliper) if the cage is loose at all, I would peen the ends to tighten them up. I did none of these steps.
Itís important to know the background on this horde I just disbursed. Fresh from an estate of a man from northeast Ohio, who was very well known to the T community for decades. He started fooling with Ts more than 60 years ago. Itís important to also remember these didnít just recently get removed from axles. He did most of the sorting for me. Just about 60 Hyatt rollers bearings stored in buckets, greasy, grimy, but going through them I only threw 2 out that were too far undersize for my tastes. With a couple quick checks on both ends, I segregated them in .497+ and .495+ piles. Before I bagged them again, I rechecked a couple rollers on each. I am sure there will be a couple that need the cages tightened, which is done after cleaning. Iím supplying 5 per customer, so itís up to them to pick the 4 best. If anyone is not satisfied, I will certainly make an adjustment. LET ME REPEAT THAT. IF SOMEONE IS NOT SATISFIED, LET ME KNOW AND IíLL MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT. Iíd rather have a friend than a customer. This is a hobby for me, and glad to do my part to get Mr. Hanlonís treasures disbursed. He had T blood in his veins, and one of his sons is carrying on the love of Ts . Iíd encourage people needing various parts to get in touch with Dave, who posts in the forum regularly. He has tons of goodies. Hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration