FS, Accessory "Curly" Shocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS, Accessory "Curly" Shocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

This is a complete set (front and rear) plus 2 spare coils of spiral-wound accessory shocks plus mounting bolts that I removed from my 1911. The car was restored from an unmolested original car back in the 1950s by Jerry Lindner. They work well, but I wanted to return my car to the standard Ford configuration.

Someone contacted me about these after I posted them in the forum asking for information. He gets first dibs if he contacts me.

Offered at $200.00 plus $18.90 shipping for everything. A portion of this sale will be donated to MTFCA. Please contact me with questions.

Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

I'll take the complete set William, thank you. Sending you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Daniello on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

If he doesn't take them, I will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Sold pending payment to Steve S. aka "Quickdraw".

Thanks MTFCA. Donation coming. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 01:38 pm:

Super freaky Never seen those before

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Responded 18 minutes after the post, I thought I had a good chance of getting them, DARN (actually it was worse than that) !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

You know, it doesn’t look like it would be that hard to make a set if you had the ability to spool spring steel up. -Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 12:07 am:

I'm trying to figure out what the lower bolts attach to. Anybody got better/more pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 12:09 am:

I guess the lower bolts go thru the eye of the spring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 12:10 am:

So the "curly" springs take the place of the shackles, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 06:58 am:

Hi Tommy, you are correct, the spiral connects the regular spring eye to the perch. The weight of the car is suspended in the spiral. Smooths out the ride. Cheers, Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration