FS 1909-10 Headlight forks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1909-10 Headlight forks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

1909-10 original headlamp forks, $325 includes shipping. 586-651-5760

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Sold, pending payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 01:20 am:

Maybe an odd question, but, How do they differ from later ones??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 07:51 am:

The early ones had a straight support arm under the U shaped area and the later ones were slightly bent outward there to avoid rattling against the radiator. Only 1909/19 had the straight support brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Bill if you donít get paid please contact me. I will pay $350 plus shipping. Thank you - Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

I guess I am out of the loop on these, I had no idea they were in such demand. How does one tell the difference between the originals and the repops? What sets the originals apart?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

I don't believe they are reproducing the early ones except in brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

I might have a pair of those in my pile of T parts guess it's worth taking a look. These early parts are getting tough to find and more valuable as time passes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Originals are forged steel, and original stuff is usually better stuff. Chaffins sells these cast in iron. I would want the ones cast in Acetyle Bronze (red Brass), since this alloy has superior tensil as compared to both cast iron and cartridge brass. You will need to bend them to align them, so why not use a cast medium that can withstand this? Once they're painted nobody will ever know or care.
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration