1912 axle housings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1912 axle housings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Blake on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

For Sale a pair of 1912 rear axle housings. One side has been welded around the rivets.The other side has wear marks on bottom of backer plate.$2,500.00
pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Blake on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

518 488 9047

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Isn't this axle also used up through '14? I believe it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 10:09 am:

no!1912 last time. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Blake on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:00 am:

Tim, the difference is the 1912, which was a one year only housing style, was a 12 rivet clamshell and the 1913/14 was a pumpkin shell style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:17 am:

bill! i think they were used in late 1911 also. but i have been wrong before. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

Per Bruce McCalley's book The Car That Changed The World . The early 1911 cars had a six-rivet rear end . This style carried through the late spring . A newer ,more rugged twelve-rivet rear end was introduced .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

The '13-14 was still a riveted rear end but didn't have the large clamshell like this earlier style one. I have a pair of '13-'14 housings and there is a clear difference between those and the '12 housings. It's getting harder to find the early rear end housings, unfortunately I'm guessing a lot of them went for scrap iron over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Bill..okay, now that he posted the pic with it assembled I see the difference. I couldn't tell
when it was all apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Blake on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

Price Reduction: $2000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Blake on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

topdollardanb@aol.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration