Very early Weaver tire machine needing restoration.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Very early Weaver tire machine needing restoration.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

I looked at this in an old Denver junkyard about 20 years ago. It looked like it had been in a bldg. that burned down. I found it again four or five years ago along with a couple of the later style a couple years ago and bought the three. The others are gone,this one I thought about keeping but not going to. It is the only one I've ever seen with the full base. A center cap may be tough to find. I'm posting a pic of the one I use periodically that has a June 1920 patent date. The full base one would have to be earlier. It would be a neat addition to an old shop and these are really handy for mounting tires. A good sandblasting should clean the base up,whether the uppers are usable is unsure. There is a later one on ebay that doesn't look much better for $600 OBO. Be nice to find one with good uppers and busted up base at a reasonable price. Price on this old one is $250. Prefer it be picked up,might be able to ship. PM me if interested. picturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:38 pm:

Hi Steve

your question about the "uppers" not sure if useable...what do you mean by that? Are the screw mechanisms worn, seized, incomplete?

I am looking for just such an item...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

Thinking about it, I suppose it's all about the missing cap, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Scott,It's been outside in the weather for decades,maybe the screw mechs would loosen up but they are fairly pitted. All it has to do is put pressure on the rim and and hold it it would probably still do that. That cap may have been taken off to hang on someone's wall and it may still be there. Some Wanted ads here and there might turn one up. It doesn't need the cap to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:51 am:

Ok
thank you for the additional info Steve. Great price, but think I'll keep looking. Stay warm this winter...we just had some pretty stronw winds out out of the west this AM and looking like snow this PM.

regards,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 12:15 am:

Sold pending payment.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration