WTB fender light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB fender light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Friday, November 23, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Hi : I'm looking for a mate to the fender light on my '21 Coupe (in picture). Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, November 23, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I have read that the parking lights on the left rear fender were required by many of the cities back in the 1920's if you parked on a dark street at night. There are different types shown in old auto accessory catalogs. Also, in old photos of street scenes, I have noticed them on the left rear fenders only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 12:18 am:

Keep your eyes on Ebay. Go to Ebay motors and type 1920s in the search box, or 1920s light(s). Might be a while to find a mate as there were many different models made. Most will be singles. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 10:40 am:

My '24 tudor had the fender lamp on one fender and I could not find any information on it. This is the first time it has been mentioned. Don't remember which fender it was but will look for the pictures. The parking light sounds right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Looked at my pictures and the lamp base was on the left rear fender when I bought the '24. I had been a barn find that went back 50+ years so it was probably original and would have been only on the left rear. There was a pull switch on the dash that did not work but may have been for the parking lamp? It was also on the left side of the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 11:07 am:

Bruce, is it clear on the front side ?
So lenses fore and aft ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 11:20 am:

I have a match to that one would sale it but I'm moving half to find it maybe Monday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

Some have built in switches, like the dash light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

Mark, it has a built in switch. Charles, I would really like to see your switch and use it for the right side fender as a direction light. Dave, yes, it's clear on the front and red on the rear. Thanks for all the input guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

My light has a switch also it's in great shape looks like the one you have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

Thanks Charles, let me know when you find it and what you want for it. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Monday, November 26, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

Bruce it in great shape I would have to get $75 plus Shipping I can text or email pictures Charlie 937 408-2480

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 12:34 am:

Emailed you a picture let me know if you got it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration