FS Kind of a Model "T" Dry lakes racer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Kind of a Model "T" Dry lakes racer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

I've gotten a little old to be crawling over the side of this thing, actually I was a little too old when I bought it (last spring). There is no explaining what the eye sees and what good sense should be!
It really is a blast to drive, once you get in it!!

VIDEO HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noXmtoxAkho&feature=youtu.be

Full details on Craigs List
https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/1926-ford-dry-lakes-racer/6758910407.html

racer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Nice looking racer. I've seen it all over Craigslist for $5000. Makes it tough for the guy who owns it to sell it. Good Luck Rod. Would make someone a nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

Very cool car

Who decided it was a '26 "T"? Based on the headlights?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Nice looking car Rod, I hope to build one of these some day with left over parts from my 38 Ford Coupe build. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Yeah, I'm still looking for the "T"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:59 am:

I have no idea who labeled it, It is titled as a 26 T. I suspect that it is a kit from "Speedway" or ? I bought it on Ebay last spring from a guy in Arizona who got it from the builder in Colorado. That guy used to be a 1/4 midget racer and that influence can be seen in the nerf bar setup on the sides, kind of cool as they double as steps to get in it (no doors). It is very low to the ground and with the modified 153 chevy four and turbo 350 is a really fun little car. I'm selling it to make room for a 1911 Hupmobile 20 that I'm drooling over.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

What body is the Hupp? Reason Iím asking is that I have a 1911 Hupmobile Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

Here is the actual car, it was advertised as a 1910, but I understand the r-boards and doors make it a 1911 runabout?

Rod

hup20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

#4 is also showing up on the western Illinois Craigslist?

https://quincy.craigslist.org/cto/d/1926-ford-model-roadster/6746086318.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Mark, I am totally baffled by what anyone would get from re-listing my CL AD in this manner, I'd think that I'd be getting a host of responses from these fake ads, but nothing. I tried replying to the one you just posted (W-ILL) and have not seen it in my inbox (yet).

Like I said, totally baffled!!

BTW, the car was initially listed at $12,000.00 and I just lowered it to $11,000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Rod:

If a scammer borrows your photos and posts an ad, the responses for the fake ad are going to end up in the scammer's inbox, not your inbox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Pretty much anything on CL that doesnít list a contact number and name, be very careful with these sellers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:32 am:

Erik,
I finally figured that out!
I have reported this to CL, so will see what happens.
I also offered 3500 just to see if he reacts, if he's anywhere near me, I'll show up with the payment driving the car :-),

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:42 am:

the racer is cool, but the Hupmobile is even cooler...you have great taste in toys. Get that thing sold, man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Elliott, Tigard, OR on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

Rod,
these adds get posted all over the Country. I think a lot of these fake adds are doing nothing but fishing for e-mails addresses. I responded to one I know was fake (through the craigslist add) and told the guy to go F___ himself. His response was "Thanks for interest in the car, send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures" never send them your e-mail address. The adds are easy to spot. way low price and never a phone number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Thanks Scott, I'd like to keep the T-Racer, but am out of storage room. I may put the 33 Chrysler (see profile)up for sale as well, at least then I'll have room to work on them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration