Wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 07:57 pm:

Hi all, I have a very nice adjustable Model A wrench with a fair amount of original paint and very nice jaws. One of the best Ive ever found. Id like to trade it fore a Model T version in like condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

They used that wrench on the 1927 models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

model 73 in 44-40? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

Im a retired mechanical engineer and have been working on vintage firearms for decades. It is indeed a 73, but in 38-40.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Looks like a 26-27 T wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 11:12 pm:

The brass carrage made it easy to spot.It's still here in the safe but i have given my grandads model 76 45/60 to my oldest grandson.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Getting back to the wrench, that style is late T and A, but the USA was added in 1931 and wrench was used on V8's also.

From an earlier post:

The USA on the adjustable wrench (and also the small Model A wrenches) was actually added on Nov, 25 1931. (see "A Guide to Tools for the Model A, second edition, by David Adair).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Thanks for the clarification Charles!
Let me rephrase my request- Id like to trade it for a pre 1926 style.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration