F S 1915 - 16 Steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: F S 1915 - 16 Steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 11:26 am:

1915 - 16 steering column with thin horn tube, tube is bent a bit at the top easy fix, threads will need chasing, good key way and spark and gas rods 135.00 plus act. ups
815-633-7244
modelt2001@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Going to t bay
in the morning, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 07:57 am:

Bob, somewhere on the forum there was a discussion re the horn wire tube on early electric horn cars. I believe the first incarnation was a single wire round tube held in place with spot welded saddles. Then came a smaller single wire U shaped channel like the one you have, prior to the introduction of the larger two wire U shaped tube common to most later columns.

Going on the combination of switch on top of the tube and the smaller U shaped channel you have, it may be a bit after 1915-16, but prior to the side horn switch.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 08:58 am:

I do no not know but it has the two holes for the button like 15-16
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Ray WNC on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Bob, I believe the column on my original 16 is just like the one you have here. I will look when I get home and verify.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Ray WNC on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

1916 column
I didnít make it to the shop, but here is a picture of the horn wire tube on my 1916 barn car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Ray WNC on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

I should note that my car was built (according to the engine number - for whatever thatís worth) April 8, 1916. So, fairly early in the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, December 03, 2018 - 11:27 pm:

But fairly late in '16 year model production. My Dec '15 built '16 has the tube.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration