WTB spindle bolt reamer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB spindle bolt reamer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Ray WNC on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Does anyone have a good extra spindle bolt reamer? Itís the first of many ďspecialĒ tools Iíll need in this journey I reckon. We have an adjustable that would work, but the right tool will work better! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Tyler, I use an adjustable reamer, but you need the screw-on pilot and sleeve to keep the two bushing holes in alignment.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

I manufacture them and can send you a brand-new one for $93. Shipping inside the US is included. Send me a pm if you want one or need more info. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Adam

thank you for supporting the hobby as a supplier as well as a forum member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Ray WNC on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 03:29 pm:

Allan, thank you for the tip. I figure there is probably a way to make a jig and a guide and make the adjustable work. But, for $93, I think Iíll just get the custom reamer. I have a feeling I will be using it again! Thanks Adam. Yes, I will take one. Sending you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

Ray, adjustable reamers and their pilots are available for purchase here n Australia. The pilot is two pieces. A solid bar screws onto the thread at the end of the reamer,. A tubular sleeve with differing degrees of taper at each end, slides over the bar. These are all precision machined parts.

A one piece fixed reamer is probably quicker and easier to use, but there is no ability to allow for variances in components being fitted.

Scott's reamer is a good price. My only thought was that if you already have the reamer, the pilot may not be that much more.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Coyle on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Allan, Thanks for the description of the pilot for adjustable reamers. I haven't seen one before, but it made sense. I found a pic for anyone else who's curious. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

Allen,

Who makes the adjustable reamers and this pilot. Have done some looking into this very same topic with finding reamers manufactured in India, pieces of junk and China same ole garbage.

If the sell'em in Australia they must sell'em them in the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

keep it simple;
https://www.modeltford.com/item/2713RMT.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Mark, nothing is ever simple. Like Allen said, "A one piece fixed reamer is probably quicker and easier to use, but there is no ability to allow for variances in components being fitted".

I am always looking for options. When fitting a new spindle bolt with new bushings as Mark states the tool he is referring to is the proper tool for the job. Also, fitting a good used spindle bolt with new bushings Allen's suggestion is a viable solution to that problem. Therefore, if at all possible the tools mentioned are of interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

My method Is to align ream .001 under size and than roller burnish To size. I can hold a few ten thousands clearance because It Is adjustable. The material has a smoother finish, more accurate size and I can get the clearance I desire. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

John, here's my lot. They are all made by Sutton Tool nd Gauge in Australia. Not cheap, but your dollar is about Au 70 cents, so that helps.

This is the 1/2" one for kingpins. Note how the pilot screws on. It is run up to the nut with each adjustment of the reamer.

Allan from down under

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration