OT The Government thinks it knows what my Model T is worth

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT The Government thinks it knows what my Model T is worth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bean on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

My first OT. I applied for disability for my son who has Autism. We went through my assets and the person came up with a worth of my Model T at $8750. I am sure they are looking at some value guide. You have to apply and get rejected before you can go to the next step. They also said they know when somebody wins a lottery scratch off too. Kind of scary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bean on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

Wrong forum Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Disability is a hard fight. My wife ended up hiring a lawyer to do it for me. I think she had to contact our local congressman too. I don't remember those years I was to ill at the time.

On a sidenote: My insurance company thought mine was worth 10K when I went to insure it until I sent them a picture. Re-valued it at 6500. LOL I'm not offended it lowered my payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

My condolences to those who have to work through the bureaucracy. I had to venture through one of their mazes and have great sympathy. There are good folks there willing to help but it can be a never ending battle of frustration.
Best of luck.
At least now you know what the cars is "really" worth. $$;O)$$
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

Larry. The TXDMV presumptive value for a 1925/26 model T is $4000. and You pay sales tax of 6.25% on 80 % of that which would make the value $3200. I don't know who and where they came up with that number of $8200. but the state said My 26 touring was taxable based on $3200.unless I paid more.older model may be a little more.Go to a title max and see what they would loan You using the car for collateral. it wont be much.
Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Larry,
An older post..

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/142749.html

And many folks on the Forum have said that prices have gone down. Would you consider taking a photo of your car and the price list in that post to your asset estimator and see what he thinks the value is now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, December 15, 2018 - 10:49 am:

The valuation of family assets should have nothing to do with a legal dependents getting help from the government in a situation like this. More government over reach. Hope your family gets the help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration