2 Champion X "take apart" spark plugs - Made in Canada $1.00 start

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 2 Champion X "take apart" spark plugs - Made in Canada $1.00 start
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

Starting at $1.00.
Up for auction a 2 vintage Champion X "take apart" spark plugs as used on Model T. These are hard to find "Made in Canada" plugs.

One plug appears to be complete and the other may be used for spares or repair as the top bolt is sheared.

This is a fun "before Christmas" auction starting at $1.00 with NO reserve. Have fun!

Seller has other Model T items posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie Rathbone on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

1.01 am I the highest bidder ? Been fun so far !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

$ 3.01 seeing it might only be about a 35 min. drive to pick it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

Okay. Im in for $3.02 (have to pay cross-border shipping you know).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 01:17 am:

Is there an auction closing time?????? $4.02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 01:24 am:

Andrew did you know there is going to be a vintage tour in Peterborough next summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Loucks on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 06:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 07:19 am:

Auction ends Friday December 14th at 12:35 pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 10:54 am:

Or you could go here; https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Vintage-Model-T-Champion-X-take-apart-spark-plugs/1634 19543803?hash=item260c9058fb:g:IQMAAOSwlelcCq3Y:rk:3:pf:0
where the same parts are really at auction, with only one bid of $1. Won't that guy be happy to know there is a parallel auction going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 11:13 am:

To clarify..That IS the auction. For some reason the link never appeared when first posted! I AM happy...Thank you Scott for the heads up! Well done!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Vintage-Model-T-Champion-X-take-apart-spark-plugs/1634 19543803

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Since this was entirely my mistake for not checking the link to the real eBay had posted correctly I would like to ask the high "bidder" at the time Barry Loucks to contact me and perhaps he would accept a Christmas gift in lieu of the plugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Loucks on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

No thanks Id rather have the plugs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore, on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Again, the MTFCA classifieds is a place to buy, sell or trade items and not a place for e-bay auction re-direct. The "alerts" for items on C-list are fine if not from the seller. Listing items here is great as it gives the Model T people an opportunity to purchase within this club. E-bay is also great but listing items here should mean they are available here.

I have never been to a swap meet where parts are offered but then you are told to go to e-bay to purchase, this is just how it appears to me.

Yes just my opinion that I feel this practice is wrong for the intent of this classified section. If offered here they might sell and if not then off to E-bay. Nothing wrong with that.

This is really the target market for Model T parts and the demographic audience here might not be E-bay users. Things seem to sell really well here and fast, so fast it is sometimes in minutes and done.

I am probably wrong and everything is done without class or care about reputation. I think I will just go fishing...throw bait into the water and tell the fish to go somewhere else.

Tim Moore

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration