FS pair of 1914 Rear Fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS pair of 1914 Rear Fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

Hello,
Thanks for looking.
I am selling this pair of 1914 rear fenders.
These fenders are $350 for the pair. Not selling separately.
Fenders are located in Esko MN,
on camera monitored property.

Sale price does not include shipping or packaging.
I would rather that you pick them up, and hand me cash at the same time. I do travel to Duluth regularly, and am willing to make arrangements. Just ask.

My father has had these for a while, and T needs a few things, so they have to go.

Fenders 1

Fenders 2

Fenders 3

Fenders 4

Thanks again for looking!
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Not '14s. 1914 rear fenders were flat on the top (not curved), and had four rivet mounting brackets. One of these is the 1915 curved rear fender with the three rivet mounting. The other is a 1916 rear fender, it looks almost the same, but uses a different mounting bracket without the three rivets in a triangle pattern. I kind of wish you were closer to me. I could really use these fenders. But I really cannot afford to buy them, let alone the shipping issues and cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Sorry, I should have said 15.
My dad did label them for me too.
Dad, seems I need to learn to read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 12:15 pm:

And I'll sell them separately since they aren't a pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 02:56 pm:

I feel I should point out, that for awhile late in '15 and/or early '16, Ford was not making certain that all cars leaving the factory had matching fenders all around. These fenders could have been on the same car when new. Although not appreciated by show judges and some other people, they would not necessarily be wrong used as a pair today.
I should also add to my diatribe (archaic definition) that there were at least two variations to the 1916 fender. Both '16 styles had much larger fender iron mounting brackets than did the '15 style. The '15 style rear fender used a small bracket similar to the three rivet front fender bracket. But the size and shape of the rear fender allowed more vibration than the fronts could achieve because of the larger area mounted to the frame and running board. It didn't take long before problems surfaced with the rear fenders, so for 1916, the bracket was enlarged to the full width of the fender. Rivets were added to the outer bead/lip of the fender as well as the inner skirt. The rivet pattern was widened on the upper surface. That rivet pattern also changed at some time during the year. Some '16 rear fenders have two rivets on the top surface. Some have four rivets. I do not know exactly when that change was made.

Regardless. These look like fairly nice fenders used for only a short time in model T production. Someone should buy them and use them. If they were close to me, I would be trying to work something out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration