FS TALLY-O under hood speedster type bulb horn with tube

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS TALLY-O under hood speedster type bulb horn with tube
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 12:26 am:

These mounted out of sight under the hood and the tube came through the firewall,the bulb may have mounted on the under side of the steering column where the driver could reach it and squeeze it easily. Some of the mounting brackets have been removed from the horn itself so whatever it takes to mount it again will need to be fabricated. Looks like some past owner cut a window in it for unknown reasons that will need fixing. The tube is brass and has the one split otherwise good condition. The first tube of the horn is also brass. These horns are pretty scarce,I'm pretty sure Pierce Arrow used a version of it on some of their early cars. It was made by the DEAN ELECTRIC CO and it's not even electric. Like to get $120 for it plus $22.50 shipping,check or paypal. Please PM me if interested.picturepicturepicturepicturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Anyone interested at $120 shipping included? Aren't the grandkids looking for something to get you for Christmas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Steve, these are neat horns. It would be right at home on a period speedster. A little background. This horn was original equipment on a huge Pierce Auto automobile and a tiny little cyclecar, the make escapes me right now. 180 degrees apart in original use. It was made by Dean electric in Elyria Ohio . Dean made a lot of different things, including telephone equipment, phonograph parts, and auto speedometers. It became General Industries a bit later, and expanded into making motor driven horns for model A fords. One of just 4 OEM suppliers for ford and the hardest to find, if you ever see an A horn with GIM stamped on it, thatís general industries. The old plant was just razed a couple of year ago. I was born in Elyria, same as the horn, and my mother worked at General industries during the war years. Probably TOOMUCHINFO, but IMHO a neat item. Good luck with the sale, it has an interesting history

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

Tim thanks,Any info like that greatly appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Sold. Thanks Tim and MTFCA.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration