WTB Stromberg Choke Control and bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Stromberg Choke Control and bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Reysen on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 02:37 pm:

I missed the choke controls just offered so I thought I'd ask. I would like a reproduction or good original also need the bracket for the steering column. Let me know if you have one to sell. Thanks! Call, text, email, or PM.

Randy
262.six8nine.204four
lausonking@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Reysen on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

Got it! Thanks everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

I, too, missed the ones for sale recently. Does anyone else have one for sale?
Thanks. Please send a PM.
Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

I have one available if anybody is interested. Send me a PM.choke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 05:32 am:

HI Jack is the Stromberg choke control still available and if so how much? thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 05:40 am:

Hey Jack I sent you a PM Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:13 am:

The choke control has been spoken for. Thanks to those who sent a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

Weve had repeated requests so are almost done with a new batch of Stromberg choke controls. Im amazed at how many of these carbs must be on model Ts as weve sold over 50 in the last several years. These will be ready late January, and if you contact us at tmorsher@icloud.com, we can put you on a contact list. No money needed now, we will contact you when ready to ship. If you change your mind later, no problem
Price, shipping included , is $165. Choice of mounting strap for a model T column or a round style. I personally use this control with a Stromberg RF carb, and makes starting a pleasure. Without it, it was difficult for me to hold the stock choke control in position. The Stromberg carb needs to be warmed up and weaned off the choke gradually. Nothing but the nice stamped clamp goes around the steering column, and hold it in place. Some light neoprene rubber or even electrical tape will prevent any marring of the paint. Easily removed when selling the car. It will work well on any Stromberg carb, OF,RF, LF, or any other type or brand, and doesnt have to be Stromberg. Again, Tmorsher@icloud.com to get on the list , NO PMs or messages here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

Hi Tim,

I take one for sure. I sent you an email. Thank you making this happen for us. Kind regards, Mario :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

Glad you are doing these. As far as OF's in use, I have been doing them for over 15 years now and I know there are well over 500 of them out there -- and I quit keeping track of them probably 5 years ago. Best all around carb ever made for T's that is still pretty readily available. But they do need an all position choke control.

Stromberg was pretty much the biggest carburetor company in the world making a variety of carburetors by the mid-20's when the OF came out. They sold pretty close to 750,000 of them in about 5 or less years as near as I can figure. I have probably 25 or 30 of them in various conditions including 6 or 8 in the lineup waiting for me to get some more laser cut parts and some time to finish them. I just got two OF's in the mail this morning.

By the way, Tim, thanks for all the extra Holley G parts and bowls you threw in the box. Since I use Holley G steel bowls for the U & J rebuilds as well as Holley G rebuilds I am always frantically looking for them. As they say down south, 'Preciate it, Hoss!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

Tim Magill, PM sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

This pile is spoken for, thanks. I will reach out to everyone that asked , when they are ready to go. Figured you could use the extras, Stan. Its fun to pack a flat rate box full. And, maybe we can get every one of those restored OFs the proper do-dad to run easier !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration