WTB 1914 Raer Axle Housing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1914 Raer Axle Housing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tea Man on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 11:02 am:

Looking for a nice set of rear axle housings without pitting and loose rivets for a 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wing - Albuquerque, NM on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

There is a rear differential housing (with filler hole) for sale now on Ebay. Although not a pair, it may be worth a look:

1914-1915 Ford model T Rear End Clam Shell T-2523

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-1915-Ford-model-T-Rear-End-Clam-Shell-T-2523/25400 3336071?hash=item3b23c75387:g:amEAAOSwM6Fb~xtq:rk:16:pf:0

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 04:43 pm:

Pm me> I have a about 4 sets. I am in AL, but I am coming to Chickasha. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tea Man on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

Still Looking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

I have 2 sets of good housings and a complete rear end complete with radius rods in Washington if you have a way to get them to Calif.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tea Man on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

Dale, PM sent.
-T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

All original riveted rear end housings leak. I have a set of two ‘13-‘14 housings - real straight - that I’d sell. I’ve previously restored a correct rear end for my ‘14 runabout. I removed the rivets, using bench and hand grinder I turned 24 grade 8 bolts to appear as rivet heads. I then meticulously cleaned the mating surfaces of the ‘pumpkin’ halves and their axle housings then applied RTV sealer. Bolted all back together making sure in correct alignment and tightened the snot out of grade 8 nuts w/ lock washers. Ten years later and it doesn’t leak.
The 2 pumpkin halves and 2 axle housings have been prepped for this procedure. If interested, PM me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

George, I did a similar trick on my 1912 clamshell rear end. I turned down the bolt heads to make them look like the original rivets. The threaded end was hacksawed to accept a screwdriver to hold the bolt while the nuts were tightened. This allowed the ends of the bolts to be spread to lock the nuts in place. my sealant of choice was a Loktite flange sealant which remains flexible rather than setting. The key to it all was a hot tank cleanout of all components.

Like yours, mine still does not leak after 23 years and around 30,000 km of mainly city driving.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Ihave a complete 13-13 diff. I plan on bringing it to Chickasha and it will be at market price.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration