O/T: Old Licence Plates - Barn Find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: O/T: Old Licence Plates - Barn Find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 08:38 am:

I am a T owner and driver and not a licence plate collector! About a year ago I came across a barn find of 8 old Ontario plates held together with rusty old wire - that had been hanging on the wall. Last week I put them on eBay thinking if I was lucky I may get something for them. I have been totally surprised as the bidding has now reached $600.00Cdn!!! They are not even pairs...just single plates! Not suggesting you bid on them...but just surprised anyone would spend their money on this!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ontario-licence-plates-1913-1920-8-plates-total/16342011 3086?hash=item260c9908be:g:EK0AAOSwdxVcCxHk:rk:1:pf:0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 08:42 am:

Pretty darn neat. I wish they were Idaho.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 09:05 am:

I have a butt load of Ohio plates and a few from other states.
My dad always had plates with him at swap meets, if nothing else sold, he always sold a few plates !
I recently sold 7 plates for $400, 1 was a fair 1910 and a good looking 1911, a smaller size 1918 that was near mint, all Ohio and some misc. other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

In clearing out Dads Garage I have sold better than 1 thousand plates from 1911 to about 2000 For Manitoba plates a good 1911 which is the first in Manitoba would be 1500 to 2000 Dads mint 1911 through 16 same number and all pairs would be 10,000 to 15,000 Canadian Cheers from Winterpeg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Colin, I believe 1909 or 08 was Ohio's first...
They are worth a lot more...not 5 figures.
Are Canadian plates that rare ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Dave Not so much in Ontario 6 digits but in Manitoba and most likely east coast not a lot of cars. registrations Manitoba 1911 2436 passenger cars Ontario 1911 11339 passenger cars Prince Edward Island 1913 26 passenger cars. Its a numbers game, in the 60s dad paid 20 dollars for the 11 to 16 run and he always said he paid top dollar. When the big collectors got involved the prices when nuts. Thats when I stopped collecting. Cars are the same in the 60s the T was a neat old car Dads total investment in the car was 1500.00 dollars from buying it 600.00 and 900.00 restored.When I broke the crank 1250.00 for a new crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janet Block on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

I am looking for a pair of California 1915 license plates. If anyone has any they are willing to part with, please let me know. Not looking to re-sell them nor my late father’s 1915 runabout but just want to “purdy-up” the car for my kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore, on Friday, December 14, 2018 - 08:59 pm:

This is just a transparent way to use the MTFCA classifieds to list E-bay items that are not available here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration