OT---ICE CREAM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT---ICE CREAM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 12:35 am:

Does anyone Remember when you could buy a Brick of Ice Cream and there was the Shape of Something inside --Like a Bell Shape or some Other Shape

I mentioned this to my Grandson and he thought I was Crazy---I looked on Google to find a photo but could not find a Photo --Closest I could find was a Brick of Neapolatin (3 Flavors)

Does anyone have a Photo they could share

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 02:05 am:

Here's one of a 'brick' package of ice cream, no inside the package shapes mentioned. https://www.afr.com/content/dam/images/i/w/q/8/u/image.related.afrArticleLead.62 0x365.iwq8v.png/1423506051104.jpg
fwiw, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:55 am:

That .....

Is a question for The Acknowledged Expert On Ice Cream .....

Mr. Jerry Kramer ...... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 07:40 am:

Wright's Chicken Farm in Harrisville RI. serves theirs with a chicken inside,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Eeeewwwww.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:39 am:

I agree, Jerry is the Ice Cream expert!! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:41 am:

We used to get vanilla with a green Christmas tree shape inside this time of year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:45 am:

I remember a 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream that you sliced to reveal a green Christmas Tree (pistachio ice cream) with red Christmas decorations (cherry). If I remember it was Sealtest brand in New Jersey in the early 1960's. Does not seem that long ago.
Jon Crane
Rochester Mi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

Charlie, I contacted the Chicken place in RI and got a photo of the Ice Cream with the Chicken Inside Thank You ---Now have a photo of it

Would like to see the Ice Cream with the Christmas tree in-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:12 pm:

I'm getting hungry for ice cream!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

Charlie, I contacted the Chicken place in RI and got a photo of the Ice Cream with the Chicken Inside Thank You ---Now have a photo of it

Would like to see the Ice Cream with the Christmas tree in-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Carol and I where married in June of 1961, it was common for the brides to serve ice cream with a pink bell in the center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 08:58 am:

Jon Crane--I remember when 1/2 gallon of ice cream ACTUALLY WAS 1/2 gallon!! Hard to find them now. About all there is available is what I call "half gallon wannabes"! Our local dairy however, DOES still put out several bonafide half gallon cartons, but they too are morphing over to the "fake half gallons", and at the same or higher price!

Typical commercial products anymore...less for MORE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 11:26 am:

My dad was a high school "Soda Jerk" over 90 years ago and while the proper way to serve ice cream was with a dipper back then he always portioned it out differently to his family. He would open the carton completely flat then slice off a "brick" for an individual serving. Seems wierd now but back then that's how we did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 12:01 am:

I have really got into this Ice Cream thing---Remember Melorols?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 12:26 am:

Damn you talked me into it just finished a dish of White chocolate vanilla ice cream, hmmmmmm good

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 01:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Francois Jr on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 02:40 am:

Blue Bell ice cream still sells ice cream in a bunch of flavors and theirs is a full 1/2 gallon; however, it is sold in a round container, not in the old familier "brick" container.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 11:20 am:

Herb, Thanks for posting that picture. That takes us back to when ice cream was REALLY ice cream!!! :-)

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration