WTB Drive Shaft (Help!)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Drive Shaft (Help!)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:17 am:

I'm in a pickle... my rear end has been disassembled, gone thru and waiting for reassembly for almost two months. The problem is, my driveshaft has some scoring where the bearing runs and John Regan told me I should replace it before using it with his "modern pinion bearings." I ordered a shaft from Fun Projects before Hershey but they don't have them and I guess don't know when they will get them in.

I need to finish the rear end, install it and turn the car around in my tiny shop so I can put the engine back in and work on the front end.

I'm looking for a drive shaft in excellent condition, dimensionally correct, no scoring or other problems. If you have one you would be willing to part with, please PM or email me. If within a couple of hundred miles I would be willing to drive to get it if you prefer not to ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:28 am:

I'll bet that Bob Bergstadt has one, he's in Loves Park near Rockford, IL. :-)

https://bobsantiqueautoparts.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Tim I have one that I can mail, if you don't find one in your area. It is a nice one. Let me know if you are interested. Tom Elliott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

If you want to drive to Akron, let me know and I will make sure I have a good one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

I may have one lined up...I'll be back if it falls thru. As always, I appreciate your willingness to help me out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

The reason John Regan made them in the first place was that the new ones available at the time didn't meet Ford specs. If you go for a new one from one of the parts dealers, ask if it's the one from Fun Projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

The one Langs advertises on their website says it meets Ford specs.

I asked them about availability today and they said they expected to have some in early January.

I'm needing a new one as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 08:26 am:

Give me a chance next week to take down 5 original torque tubes with shafts installed. Will clean, inspect, crack check(s), spin on the lathe for trueness, and mic the clearances. So if this is good with you folks to get you up and going, first come, first serve on the PM's, OK?

Will be able to ship after the Christmas rush.

All the Best,

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Iaccino on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 08:26 am:

For what it's worth, I have two drive shafts with very good threads that seem to be good. Measurements are: #1: Bushing end: 1.005 Pinion end: 1.004. #2: Bushing end: 1.003 Pinion end: 1.005. $50 either one plus shipping in a cardboard tube. Photos available...

518-755-0986

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 08:39 am:

If you require other parts for your rear end project (take your mind out of the gutter) lol, I have plenty of extra parts. PM me with your needs and I will see what I have.

Again All the Best,

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Hank has a driveshaft for me.

Thank you Hank. It's folks like you that make the hobby fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 05:29 pm:

I have 3 good serviceable ones ready to go. Cleaned, Inspected to Include lathe spin for trueness, and crack developer. All include nut, cotter pin, and woodruff key.

2 each with good Hyatt inner races and thrust bearing installed. $65.00 each plus shipping.

1 each just the shaft. $60.00 plus shipping.

PM for shipping.

All the Best,

Hank in Tin-A-See

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration